Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Dear fellow DS3 lovers,

After 20 weeks of hassle and BS (because I live in country where is very hard to get thing delivered online) , I'm back with my car tomorrow So since everything starts from scratch I thought I make another thread about it, explain what I went through and thank everyone on this forum who helped and was willing to answer my questions.

So, without too much talk I will explain a bit of my cars life, I got my car as a present for my birthday last year and it was with 10k miles on it. My father got the car 3 months before my birthday and changed some parts on it ( as I posted in the other thread ), he was ex-rally champion and is currently director of Federation of Autosports in Kosova, he loves cars and was very optimistic about the Racing, while I always drove it with the fear of the piston blowing , and he has a thing for Mercedes and Citroen ( currently have 3 M and 3 C haha).

My previous setup was:
    DS3 Racing 11/2012 n.850/1000

Vector Tunning TB-W2 Powerbox
    Bastuck Exhaust
    Forge Intercooler + Oli Catch Tank Kit
    Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit Shocx
    Vmaxx LED and Headlight Cover

Now I've decided to get the Vector Tunning Chip off and do a decent remap. I did a engine rebuild with forged internals and changed to de-cat. The rebuild was done at Mercedes-Benz Dealership as my father know the owner and he could work together with their main mechanic on the car. (He used to tune his Mini Morris 20 years ago, will post pic as we still have the Mini )

Wossner Forged Pistons
    PEC Automotive ConRods
    Mahle ConRod Bearrings
    Bastuck De-Cat
    Wiechers-Sport Roll-Bar (Orderd another 8-12 weeks to come )
    and a costum made front grill.

I'm not aiming for more than 250ish horsepower but we are trying to make it achieve the peak lower rpm, ~230hp@4500rpm.
    I will post some pics tonight and have others here tomorrow.

Thank You very much for you help and support, (specially to Ragnarok, Jamie@SPTuning and Cyclone)

And a short video of the exhaust.
    https://youtu.be/fMDT3QVwKmc
    Last edited by albish; 08-11-2015, 23:27.
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

I bet you can't wait to see what it's got now
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds great

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Great stuff!!
          Glad she's running again [emoji106]🏻
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Awesome, it's looking good
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Thank You to everyone, this forum has really been an inspiration so keep up the good work and I will try to help with what i can

So here are the pics I promised, car is up n' running although still at the garage haha , Today arrived the new splitter (as the old one was craked in both sides) and decided to do some last minute changes too while it's still there...

The car now has new splitter, no mid-resonator, Motul 300v Competition 15w50 oil and a fresh polish and sealant work...

Extra: Their hill climb Suzuki

Will be back tomorrow with the final pics of the paint and car

Cheers
              Last edited by albish; 11-11-2015, 20:55.
              DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

I think your Engine would be capable of 260 or more hp now

Very nice work (and a nice Suzuki)
                Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Shiro, I'm aiming for lower-rpm hp so theres a chance I 'sacrifice' some hp on top to have more on mid

Thank You

Comment

So, here are some more pics of the car...

Blink Blink

Blink II

Completed

Next-Mod Black Headlights... maybe...

Comment

Great to see you are back on the road again! Happy motoring!

Click image for larger version

Name:	More DS3 pictures,after a wash and dry 006.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	359968
                      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Thank You Jez

Comment

Today the car did 1000km after the Rebuild, and its on 3rd tank of 100 octane, been using 100 only and 15w50oil

The car feels great (touch wood, haha), there is no hesitation even when going from city speed to highway, tired pulling from 70km/h to 140km/h in 4th (as it hasitated doing that before the rebuild) now dose it without problem...

Also did 180km/h on 4th, 5500rpm with a 1.28bar/18.7psi boost (according to Torque Pro),I know stock preassure is 1.2bar but I'm assuming the extra 0.08 is a Troque inaccuracy or maybe a bit overboost from decat...

Torque Pro also shows about 150hp being used, and I don't think that's accurate either
                          The second and third feel better to me, we tried a little timing advance and it's good till now

I will let it do another 1000km to complete the 'engine break-in' and will be heading to Etuners for a remap, greece is about 500km from my country, not thaat far i guess

Toruqe Pro ScreenShot

Camera Setup (Charging)

Camera without cable

Day Mode

Night Mode

Motul 300V Competition (Have to warm it up like a diesel, but who cares it says Racing Oil haha)

Will post a 'test' video tomorrow when I can upload it

Cheers
                          Last edited by albish; 23-11-2015, 23:09.

Comment

Love that camera positioning!
                            :ds3: Part-Time DS Champ - Citroen & DS Sales Exec :ds3:

Comment

It snowed here today... So here's her first snow on road pics

Also looking for Winter Tires now, maybe i will fit some OZ Superturismo GT 17", found them at a decent price so maybe an update next week...

OZ Superturismo GT

Dose anyone know if they are a straight fit or need a spacer ?

Cheers
                              Last edited by albish; 30-11-2015, 23:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X