albish DS3 Racing | Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Coating and HydroDipping

After a long wait finally the Ceramic Coating arrived in my country, and mine is the first car to be treated
    It was first treated a 2-Stage polish, and after that coated with Sonax CC36 Ceramic Coating, which lasts 'up to a year' but if you top it up with PolymerNet Shield it will do the full 36 months of protection.

First impression, it looks great! Shine and depth is amazing, as for durability only time will tell. Also will report on weekend on the 'easy cleaning' 'feature'. I also got the Sonax Premium Carnauba wax and will put that in top of the coating

They also tried hydrodipping my 'boot grills', as its the first time hydrodipping comes to my country too, haha

And as always heres a bonus pic :P

Cheers
    Last edited by albish; 16-03-2017, 19:52.
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Love the photo editing you do
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• God damn that really looks amazing. Looks like a lot of hard work and time has been put into that and it has definitely paid off.

Some great pictures as well!

Comment

• Yeah great pic , did you use a machine to apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
            Love the photo editing you do
            Smoke break + Snapseed :P thanks mate

Originally posted by Berch View Post
            God damn that really looks amazing. Looks like a lot of hard work and time has been put into that and it has definitely paid off.

Some great pictures as well!
            Thank you Berch, Im a bit ocd when it comes to details so we had to remove ALL the swirls :P

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            Yeah great pic , did you use a machine to apply?
            Thanks mate, no you don't need machine, lights or ventilation for this as its designed to be used by enthusiasts too, not only professionals

Cheers
            DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Superb pics as usual Albish. I'm gonna get myself some of those headlight brows, as I think they look really nice. Are they easy to apply? I see they come in black, which is good, as I have a friend who works for Revive (a body scratch and repair company) and get him to paint them the same colour as my :ds3: body.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
                Superb pics as usual Albish. I'm gonna get myself some of those headlight brows, as I think they look really nice. Are they easy to apply? I see they come in black, which is good, as I have a friend who works for Revive (a body scratch and repair company) and get him to paint them the same colour as my :ds3: body.
                Sorry for getting back to you this late, someone did hit my car exactly at the LED 'brow' 2 weeks ago, so im waiting for my new set They are fairly easy to apply, we used silicone and never had an issue, although I mounted them on my lights not on hood (as ive seen people do)

Cheers

Comment

• Hope your Racing is back up to the very high standard we are used to! Any plans for the summer season mate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020275.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	361069
                  Last edited by JEZDS3; 06-05-2017, 18:25.
                  LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by albish View Post
                    AEM V2 Installed

So finally I have my Water/Methanol Injection kit installed, and before going into details I simply looove it, and the car seems to think the same...

It took us about three days to complete the kit as the ultimate goal was to install it as clean as possible and also we wanted the nozzle to be mounted in a way so it's spraying with the flow so that needed some cad
                    design and a bit of manufacturing, but everything worked fine and I am really happy with the results.

Started with drilling in 63 degree angle two pieces of Inox Steel (Stainless Steel) a thick 1.8 mm one and a 0.6 mm one.

Welded a tube inside with a 5mm thick plate on the bottom to mount the threaded brass to mount the nozzle.

Finished and polished, also used a 1.5 mm cork to make a gasket for it.

Here it is mounted on the pipe.

Also the boost port adapter we made fitted.

Passed the AEM tubing through the right side of the car in the same clips the washer fluid for back window goes.

All the electronics and wired on the compartment under the steering wheel, I actually love how clean this came

Used an old processor thermal housing to mount the controller straight.

Also made a inox plate to mount the pump and tank, so we didn't have to make 8 holes to the chassis just two to mount the plate.

Final results

From some logs I've done without wmi the highest AIT was 78C, on the same road same day wmi turned on first pull was 42C and after that a consistent 38C. (with 30C ambient temperature)
                    On a night run without wmi highest AIT was 65C, wmi turned on 28! (with 22C ambient temperature)
                    These were just some short logs with Torque Pro, and still with my Stage 2 map, I already have a new map from Stelios which i'm gonna install tomorrow and do more test.

So far so good (touch wood) haha, will post more when I try the new map.

Cheers

Hi albish ,

I know it's a long shot due to the age of this post, but still...

Are these photos available anywhere else?

I'm in process of purchasing and installing WMI, and these photos would really help me alot

Thank you for info.

Comment

AEM V2 Installed

So finally I have my Water/Methanol Injection kit installed, and before going into details I simply looove it, and the car seems to think the same...

It took us about three days to complete the kit as the ultimate goal was to install it as clean as possible and also we wanted the nozzle to be mounted in a way so it's spraying with the flow so that needed some cad
                      design and a bit of manufacturing, but everything worked fine and I am really happy with the results.

Started with drilling in 63 degree angle two pieces of Inox Steel (Stainless Steel) a thick 1.8 mm one and a 0.6 mm one.

Welded a tube inside with a 5mm thick plate on the bottom to mount the threaded brass to mount the nozzle.

Passed the AEM tubing through the right side of the car in the same clips the washer fluid for back window goes.

All the electronics and wired on the compartment under the steering wheel, I actually love how clean this came

Also made a inox plate to mount the pump and tank, so we didn't have to make 8 holes to the chassis just two to mount the plate.

Final results

From some logs I've done without wmi the highest AIT was 78C, on the same road same day wmi turned on first pull was 42C and after that a consistent 38C. (with 30C ambient temperature)
                      On a night run without wmi highest AIT was 65C, wmi turned on 28! (with 22C ambient temperature)
                      These were just some short logs with Torque Pro, and still with my Stage 2 map, I already have a new map from Stelios which i'm gonna install tomorrow and do more test.

Cheers

Hi albish ,

I'm in process of purchasing and installing WMI, and these photos would really help me alot

Thank you for info.

Comment

AEM V2 Installed

Final results

Cheers

Hi,

Thank you for info.

Comment

Working...
                        X