Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting CISBO rear parking sensors

Hi,
    This is my first post and its a pleasure to meet everyone and hope someone can help.

My wife has just bought a DS3, but unfortunately it didn't come with rear parking sensors which is something she would like. I have searched the web high and low but nothing has really answered my questions.

The CISBO parking system looks easy enough to fit. However with the DS3 being a Canbus electrical system there is a problem with a constant +12v from the rear light cluster when reverse is engaged. This therefore requires a ignition live +12v as well as the switch wire connected to the near side (NS) rear cluster reverse wire to get over this problem and operate the system with out any issues.

So to the questions.

1, Is this CISBO system suitable to use on the DS3?

2, Is it safe to splice the wire at the rear cluster, as looking at the plug wiring to the NS rear cluster, there is a warning label saying it is not advised over 10mA. If this is not safe where can i splice into?

3, where is the best place to take a +12v ignition live from near the rear of the car to give me an ignition live to the system?

and my final question is

4, Looking at the rear NS cluster plug, which wire is the reverse switch wire out of the 6 that are there?

I hope i haven't board you if you have taken the time to read this, and i appreciate any help or guidance.

Regards
    Nathan

Working...
X