No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing White Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any timescale for the work to be completed? I always thought it would take a few weeks by the time the ordered engine has arrived, been fitted and then checked
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah they have said it could take a few weeks for the engine to arrive!

Comment

Do you get additional warranty with the replacement engine?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Do you get additional warranty with the replacement engine?
          It hasnt been confirmed, but with previous experience of working within the parts department of a dealership in the past, I believe that with most items sold or supplied there is a 12 month guarantee!

Comment

Have they started fitting the new engine yet ?
            sigpic

Comment

Got some bad news yesterday... the service manager phoned me to say things have just got a whole lot more complicated. Apparently "Assessors" have stepped in and are going to do a report on the car because the cost of repair is basically the same as the value of the car. I wont know more until next week, but I am pretty certain a shit storm is about to happen. I await the results... I imagine they will go somewhere along the lines of "Write-Off".

I am completely gutted it has got to this stage... but I think its time to think logically and letting the car go and walking away with a clean slate.

Soul Destroyed, I loved this wee car... but it seems its my "Eleanor"

Comment

Aw man that's such a kick in the teeth. You've only had the car 2 months and driven it for 1 month before it died

Hope you get the best outcome from this.
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hope they actually sort it. If not, get a Performance!
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Glenn - what was the outcome in the end? I hope it wasn't a terminal decision on your Racing.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

The Finance Company have taken it over, I dont have time to chase them with work, unfortunately I have decided that I had no other logical choice but to hand the car back.

Comment

Oh no!!! Gutted for you Glenn. You gonna bother getting another DS3, Racing or otherwise?

Comment

Well the day has come and I will hand back the spare key and V5 on Friday. Cant put it into words how I feel, it has been a rollercoaster ride, the car I seen Clarkson drive on Top Gear, the car I said I had to own one day... It was the car I dreamt it would be, beautiful to look at, beautiful interior plus it was an absolute hoot to drive when on song... but with a big achilles heel! Heartbroken...

At this moment in time I am not sure what to do... I am picking up a £300 Corsa C on Friday to get from A to B for a while, think I might buy another MX5 and go do Lanes Rallys and Autotests... and make myself happy again pulling big skids!

Comment

Genuinely gutted for you Glenn. It looked the business, especially when you tidied up the back brake calipers and discs. The alloys were mint too. Such a shame the car you always wanted was such a let down.

Comment

WOW !!!! love the pics

Comment

Sorry for you Glenn These are great cars. I have a Racing myself and I absolutely love it! There are some issues with these engines however which everyone looking into buying a Racing (or THPs in general?) should be aware of. Fingers crossed I won't have to rebuild my engine any time soon but I if I do I will save up to making it stronger and better than from the factory
                                2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

Working...
                                X