No announcement yet.

First clean for my new DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The passenger door dent was someone in a car park with their door :mad: literally on its third birthday. I was pissed off and obvs no one left any details. It's not had any repair to it at all.

Three of the wheels were replaced under warranty due to corrosion and none were ever kerbed

I hardly used the CD player if I'm honest but it did play as there was a copied cd in it when I traded it in. I took it out but it was playing. I used to use a usb thumb drive loaded with MP3 albums. Insert the thumb drive under in the port under the cap by the handbrake. From memory the max size of drive the ds3 will play is 32gb drives

I'm sure the handbook covers file types that it will play

I did leave the remap receipt in with the owners manual, I guess the dealer took it out.

Finally the main and dipped bulbs are Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited. They only last a year or so but are much better than the dull OEM bulbs.

Glad you liked the gas bonnet struts. Are you going to Trax ?
    sigpic

Comment

Ah that's gutting,yeah I'm hoping to get that dent sorted because it's really annoying haha

Was debating putting rim blades on it but after reading about corrosion and rim blades it's probably best I don't.

I'll try resetting the CD player tomorrow by unplugging it and see if that helps. It's quite annoying. That's exactly what I wanted to use the USB for. Was Looking at a 2012 model with satnav and black and red leather seats but it didn't have USB :/ glad I picked this one in the end! Will keep looking into it anyway.

Yeah not sure I came across the receipt, will have another look and see what's there.

Oh cool, I'll make a note of that and pick up some spares when they're on offer from ECP.

Yeah the bonnet struts were a great idea haha, with regards to trax I'm not sure yet, depends if I'm working that weekend.

Will have to take it to a car show soon though, hopefully something a bit closer too, a 3 hour drive home from London was sooo long haha

Comment

Easiest reset is to look at the battery in the engine bay, one of the terminals (negative I think) has a quick release fitting. Disconnect that for 30 seconds and then reconnect.

TBH I never had any issues with the usb and mp3 playback once I realised that it didn't like drives above 32gb Have you followed the guide (on here somewhere or else Google it) for the folder structure on the stick ? It's v straightforward, I used to have the following:

Top folder - Artist Name
        Second folder - Album title (repeated depending how many albums you added) with the mp3 tracks in this folder.

I'd have paid to fix the door if I wasn't trading it in too - so annoyed when saw the mark on the door, it looked like the person who did it had several attempts to push their door into it as well.
        sigpic

Comment

You can disconnect the battery and it won't affect the remap? For some reason I thought it would reset the remap.

Didn't realise folder structure was a problem, I've got folders in folders at the moment. Will try and find that and have a go, failing that I'll get a 16gb version of my stick as it's one of those tiny sandisk ultrafit ones.

Yeah it's something I'll sort eventually, may get my dad to respray the bonnet for me as he works with car paint so it should cost me nothing really. They reduced the car due to bodywork at the garage I bought it from, I'm not sure if they meant the dent or got the cars confused because the one next to it had loads of dents and scratches, it was a state although it was £500 cheaper. Glad I picked this one though

Comment

Yeah the remap is applied to the ECU so like a program stored on your PC it's retained in the ECU even if the power is disconnected.

Re folders, I don't think you should have two many issues, it's an easy structure to follow. As I said above I had a folder for the artist and then within that I had a folder for each album of that artist. I used to use the Sandisk thumb drives as they hid nicely under the cap for the USB port by the handbrake.

As Biggie said in your other thread about the timer - the car can take a little while to compile the folders etc when you first insert the USB stick, normally mine would be done within a minute or so of driving off

Can I check that the stereo head unit is still the OEM one ? I'm sure it is but frankly I'm shocked by the issues you're having as I had none with it and both the USB and the cd player worked when it was traded in. Is it possible to get the seller to look at these issues if they persist ?

Having a Dad who can do resprays sounds ideal, Citroen paint is quite soft compared to other cars I've owned
            sigpic

Comment

Tried resetting the radio, unplugged the car for about 5 mins, reset the time and date, tried a 2gb memory stick in it and still showed the wait symbol. Went in the car later and the music was playing from it, switched to cd and that worked.

Tried the 32gb stick and it just seems to show wait for ages, left the radio on while I went into Tesco to pick up some things and when I came back it was still on wait, drove in silence on the way home. I did have 1078 songs on there which when you have folders it doesn't seem like much. Anyway deleted a few albums to get the songs overall under 900 and tried it with no joy. May get a 16gb stick and try. The music is in 320kbps MP3 format and there's about 7GB on there now compared to 9GB before.

Tried a different cd and it's back to the wait screen. Yes it's still the original Citroen radio, may buy another one on eBay as they seem to be quite cheap on there.

Can't see taking the car back to London being a possibility as I live in Swansea don't really want to waste a journey if they are no help.

Yeah I bought Clio 182 wheels for my 2006 Clio as I bust two rims on potholes. The 182 wheels were pretty scuffed but they looked great after my dad refurbished them, he needs to re-do a wheel before I sell it as it was unfortunately curbed :mad:

He's pretty handy when it comes to spraying to be fair, it's handy to have.

Will buy a 16gb stick and try it.

Comment

Sad to say that Citroen radios may prefer the lower quality 192kbps file size and you may get more joy with that but less quality sound wise!
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Tried some files on a 2gb stick earlier in a 128kbs format and it worked. Tried it on the 32gb stick and it doesn't work.

Bought a 16gb sandisk fit stick earlier and transferred the files and within about 15 seconds it's all working.

CD's no longer spend minutes loading either. Not sure what has fixed the CD problem but I'm not complaining.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement interior light unit/switch as I have broken this when fitting the interior LED's (it's not the bulb as the originals don't work now either) oops.

Also need lenses for the number plate lights as I've lost them when changing the number plate lights... also oops

Glad the USB and cd problem has resolved itself!

Comment

Good news on the music front at least
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                      Sad to say that Citroen radios may prefer the lower quality 192kbps file size and you may get more joy with that but less quality sound wise!
                      Hi Jez, I always rip my iTunes in 320kbps to MP3 onto my SanDisk Cruzer without any problems and the sound quality is great.

Comment

While we're all talking about the radio system, is it possible to switch a jack only plug to one of the USB & jack plugs? My jack connection's getting a bit crackly and wondering if USB is supported.

I believe my screen is monochrome A. The small box with minimal display in orange. I may recall someone saying it isn't possible, but thought I'd ask anyway
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yeah my music is in 320kbps now and it plays fine even though it says in the handbook it supports something like 128kbps.

I have no idea about switching from an aux to a usb and aux. I've only just got mine working haha

Hopefully you can have a USB port. One of the reasons why I chose it over the My way sat nav system in another car I went to view.

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                            While we're all talking about the radio system, is it possible to switch a jack only plug to one of the USB & jack plugs? My jack connection's getting a bit crackly and wondering if USB is supported.
                            Sorry No.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                              Sorry No.
                              Ah right, thought that might be the case
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!