Car maintenance courses - moving beyond really basic stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car maintenance courses - moving beyond really basic stuff

Does anyone have any suggestions for car maintenance courses? Since getting my DS3 I've found I'd like to have a bit more technical knowledge about my little red baby, and also about my Citroen based motor caravan.

I can do really basic stuff like change a wheel, replace wiper blades/fuses/bulbs, check fluid levels. I also have a very basic understanding of how engines work. I would like to move a bit beyond that and improve my understanding of how things work, so that when I open the bonnet I know what I'm looking at and what it does. I have a couple of books which show me some of this stuff (Haynes "Women's Car DIY" is good), but I'm a bit reluctant to do things like changing oil and filters without seeing someone demonstrate it first and having some hands on experience.

There seem to be loads of courses for people who want to gain qualifications and some courses aimed at the sort of really simple things I can already do. What I can't find is anything in between those extremes.

I'm based in NW England but could travel if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.
Working...
X