Headlamp Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Fault

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what may be causing my passenger side headlamp to keep failing. I have been through 4 sets of upgraded bulbs in 18 months, and of the three sets, the same side always fails, except for Phillips Extreme visions which both only lasted 3 months, and both failed only 3 days apart.

It seems like I must have a voltage supply issue, but to take it to the dealers is a day off for me, so can't afford for them to have it and not find an issue.

So I thought if anyone had any ideas I could maybe go along and discuss with them before booking it in.

Many Thanks

New one to me, Biggie might be able to ask his tech dept?

I'm sure someone will have some info for you and help out
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Philips quote the maximum life of Xtreme Vision as 400 hours - did you get that from them?
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Our DS3 did 3 pair uprated headlamp bulbs in no time, so run standard ones now.
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I'm not alone with this issue then Jamie.

Comment

I only got approximately 150 hours only.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
              run standard ones now.
              Thing is about standard - theyre so rubbish

Always carry spare head lamp in the boot of accesories
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I was using osram night breakers, think candles would have lasted longer...much brighter though
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

My Osrams last about 15 months, cant say how often on- but have to have the brightness
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

So the other bulb blew this morning, the OEM bulbs are back in, and that's me finished with upgraded bulbs

Comment

Strange, when I had my DS3 I run Osram bulbs for nearly 2 years with no problems.

Starting with the simple things first you are sure that you never touched the glass of the bulb at any time, even the slightly finger print can seriously effect the performance and life of the bulb.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Run standard bulbs folks and stop dazzling everyone

JB

Comment

Nope, never touched the lens. It's obviously a trait of my DS, and it seems Jamie at SP has had a similar issue

Comment

Working...
                          X