Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front side light issues

Looking for help.

I recently installed canbus error side light bulbs into the front headlights however I noticed today that when I press the brakes, the drivers side, side light, seems to go off and comes back on when the brakes are released.

Has anyone had this issue?

I have seen that it could be the bulb inserted incorrectly or bad wiring with the ground wire etc however I have checked the bulb and that's okay.

Thanks,

- Mike

Possible you've got dirt on the connectors or they lied when they said they're error free.

Have you tried swapping the bulbs over? (side to side).
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I bought a set of canbus error free led side light bulbs and they definitely weren't error free - in the end I swapped them out for some more expensive ones and the issue went away.

I did the same as Beefy suggests and put the originals back in first to check that the issue went away, which it did.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I did the same as Beefy suggests and put the originals back in first to check that the issue went away, which it did.
        I actually meant swap the new bulbs side to side to see if it was only on one side/ bulb.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That would work too, what I found is that these cheaper light bulbs (led or otherwise) seem to be produced v cheaply and parts of the circuitry can be loose. One of the sets I had dropped a micro chip inside the light unit, had to use a small skewer with tape on it to retrieve it from inside the unit
          sigpic

Comment

I'll try that tonight.

I think they're canbus error as I purchased some standard xenon side light bulbs before which wouldn't turn on at all however these have been working. I was driving to work this morning and was testing the issue and it seemed to have disappeared so potentially it may be dirt but I'll check after work.

Comment

I'd look at the circuitry as well, for mine the heat from the other lights seemed to melt the solder
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X