Worn Carpet at clutch etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn Carpet at clutch etc.

Hi all, just returned my pride and joy DS3 to Citroen at end of contract. Have received bill for nearly £700. When queried turns out to be for 3 scuffed alloys @ £65 each and replacement carpet at £385.75. Rest was for excess mileage which I agree with. Looking at site the worn carpet at clutch seems to be a common fault Anyone else have this problem? I will pay for alloys reluctantly but the carpet is really excessive surely this is wear and tear!. Car was 3 years old with 37k on clock. Never a problem with Citroen up to now!. Any ideas?

Definitely a common problem. £385 seems like extortion to me.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I did get my carpet replaced, not under warranty, which I tried for, but as a gesture of good will, took me ages and lots of emails etc, on my next car I put gaffer tape there as I didn't think they would do it again.

Comment

Mine was replaced under warranty by hallidays Citroen at two years old because of this very issue.

Stand your ground.

Cooks

Comment

The issue is that DSA is having all ex-PCP/lease cars prepared to grade one standard which means everything has to be A1 and of course that means someone has to pay for the work...
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Worn Carpet at clutch etc.

It happens to pretty much every DS3. There's not much room around the pedals. I'd argue that it's general wear and tear.
            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Hi, I've just taken a new contract for my second DS3, same problem on the first one with the carpet, so I have also stuck gaffer tape down this time and will keep an eye on it, but for future reference to yourself and anybody reading this, I found a guy that repairs the carpet as good as new for £75, you would never know it had a whopping big hole in it, he's on the Internet as the carpet wizard, based in Birmingham but worth the hour n half drive, I met him in a service station, I went off for a coffee and 30 mins later..job done !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleybud View Post
                I met him in a service station and 30 mins later..job done !!
                That's what she said.................................woooooooo hoooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleybud View Post
                  Hi, I've just taken a new contract for my second DS3, same problem on the first one with the carpet, so I have also stuck gaffer tape down this time and will keep an eye on it, but for future reference to yourself and anybody reading this, I found a guy that repairs the carpet as good as new for £75, you would never know it had a whopping big hole in it, he's on the Internet as the carpet wizard, based in Birmingham but worth the hour n half drive, I met him in a service station, I went off for a coffee and 30 mins later..job done !!
                  Welcome to the club

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                  That's what she said.................................woooooooo hoooooooooooooo
                  Waheey!

This was my exact thought too, haha
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

We've got dirty minds ha ha
                    sigpic

Comment

My previous car had a big-ass hole all the way down the side of the foot rest next to clutch (I wear Doc Martens pretty much every day ).

End of Lease it wasn't even mentioned, along with a scuff & a door dink on the front left wing (seemed rather generous to me! )

Expecting a similar hole in the current new one, although the foot rest is noticeably different (lower).
                      DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Simple solution add mats
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I don't think the mats go over the small foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal do they monkeynuts ? Well my OEM ones don't anyway
                          sigpic

Comment

My last DS3 did 40k and had rubber mats and after I traded it in the carpet was unmarked .I wear steely boots most of the time and still no damage

Some of you guys must have "Kipper Feet "
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

That's what I said, I have size 11's and no issues so far lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X