Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Engine Noise

Hi guys,
    Got a 150 THP and got an engine management light today. Connected up an OBD reader and got P0087 (Fuel rail / System pressure too low). This was combined with an inconsistent idle and the usual vibrations.
    I cleared the code and so far it has been okay.

Noticed the below noise coming from the engine though (knocking?), any thoughts?

http://youtu.be/wnTbNhyEL20

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Grindhouse; 24-01-2016, 21:40.

Hi - sorry to hear this, now you've posted there are a number of similar posts at the bottom of the page, start with those (which will probably lead to some other threads) and see if the issues are similar to yours. What year is your THP ?

Good luck
    sigpic

Comment

Fuel pump is my guess. Get it to Citroen for them to review the error codes.

Is it under warranty?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the responses.

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        Hi - sorry to hear this, now you've posted there are a number of similar posts at the bottom of the page, start with those (which will probably lead to some other threads) and see if the issues are similar to yours. What year is your THP ?

Good luck
        I've had a search through the forum (some great information on here) and read a few different things regarding the knocking noise. Timing chain, chain tensioner, fuel pump etc so I'll keep looking and see if I can diagnose any other symptoms.
        The car is a 60-plate.

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Fuel pump is my guess. Get it to Citroen for them to review the error codes.

Is it under warranty?
        The issue seems to have settled for now. I still have the engine management light on but it's idling is flawless at the minute - would the fuel pump be an intermittent issue like this?
        I'll try and get to Citroen to have a look but sods law it'll be fine when I take it in - I suppose that's the reason the car stores the errors.
        No, it's a 60-plate so out of the warranty period
        Out of interest, dos anyone know the cost of the fuel pump repair if it is indeed that issue?

Thanks again.
        Last edited by Grindhouse; 25-01-2016, 10:57.

Comment

I really wouldn't suggest driving around with the EML lit, it's there for a reason.

The HPFP may cause intermittent issues but if it's already failed/failing then you need to get it looked at. The issues you've reported are symptomatic of the issues a number of THP users have faced over the years.

Don't put it on the back burner, make a call and get it booked in to be looked at. Trust me, you'd much rather face the repair bill for just the pump and than a top-end rebuild further down the line.

Having said all this, that may not be at the fault. The cost of your own peace of mind is worth it though.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
          X