No announcement yet.

2012 DS3 needs new engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having read through a lot of the threads, seems like it's looking more positive.

Looks like the switch to the 155 from the 150 in 2012 "fixed" the main issues.

We're there any further improvements to the engine from then to the 165 that anyone is aware of at all? Just interested is all.

Comment

I have an early 2010 THP (from new) with 38k on the clock, i paid to replace the HPFP (out of warranty) due to uneven idle and a low pressure warning that triggered limp mode (only time it has gone into limp mode) and i have had the valves walnut blasted due to occasional stutter under hard acceleration. Both these issues are common to any car that uses this engine ie Mini, DS3 and (i think) Peugeot.
      The timing chain tensioner was changed during a service although it wasn't causing an issue, the same for the water pump, in fact i wasnt even made aware of this until i checked my service history with a new dealer.
      The car was mapped at the three year point.

One thing i do do and im not saying it will stave off issues, is to change my oil and filter every 5000 miles, for the cost i personally think its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post

One thing i do do and im not saying it will stave off issues, is to change my oil and filter every 5000 miles, for the cost i personally think its worth it.
        Yep, very important and well worthwhile
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Colicab85 View Post
          Having read through a lot of the threads, seems like it's looking more positive.

Looks like the switch to the 155 from the 150 in 2012 "fixed" the main issues.

We're there any further improvements to the engine from then to the 165 that anyone is aware of at all? Just interested is all.
          http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14420
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Sweet. I have the 155, it's a very late one though. Just before the 165 came out I believe.

Just wondered if it had been improved from 2012 onward? Before the 165 was introduced.

Comment

There were some PCV internal route changes, and air intake changes to the build from late November 2012, roughly the time where the dash internal lighting went from orange to white
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ok. Thanks for all your help guys. I'm sure it'll be fine and I'm just being super paranoid. Anyway, first weekend of ownership has been a joy. Love the torque.

Comment

Working...
                X