Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Fault Repair Needed

Good evening all

Need some advice on an issue with my dsport plus e-hdi deisel. I got the engine fault repair needed
    message a few days ago along with a whine from the aux belt. On inspection turned out that the tensionor on was faulty so belt was slipping and thus the alternator wansnt charging the battery. Eventually the battery light did come on.

So the tensioner was replaced along with a new aux belt and a brand new alternator was also fitted. Battery is good and is holding 14.4v which is bang on.

Problem is that when the car is started from cold their is still a slight whine and the fault message comes up again. After a couple of minutes everything is ok. The car is fitted with the stop start system that now seems to be at fault. If the system is active and i pull up at a jucntion and engage neutral then the engine stops as normal. But when the clutch is engaged again then it fails to start. It sounds like its trying but just puts all ignition lights on and the car has to be restarted.

If i deactivate the eco system then once the whine has gone then the car drives faultless.

Any advice as to what could be causing the issue. Im getting to the end of my tether with this car now
Working...
X