Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THP engine breakage: Turbo + timing chain + power loss on acceleration + cold-start

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffLah View Post
    Hi,

First ever post...
    My ds3 thp is currently in the garage over the above issues. At first they stated that an oil change would solve it. I'm now waiting for Cuk to make a decision on the matter. Hope this isn't the start of a 'chain' of problems
    This is what pisses me off with CUK they know there is a problem and just dick about instead of changing the lot in one go ,it saves the owner all the grief and agro time and time again.

When I had all the crap with my motor I never got a ohh sorry sir once!! all I was told is "thats what your warranty is for"

The amount of money I spent driving backwards and forwards to the dealer time off work etc etc ...................but I feel i was lucky coz the dealer I use is on the ball and were very helpful,some are not

Funny thing is the myway radio satnav is playing up with different probs and I have been back 3 times and had various things done to cure the prob ..........one call to CUK and they came across with next service free Sir ............................Kerching!!!!!! 40.000 service for nought saved me about 350-400 quid so at the mo I am slightly up

I still like the car though
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

The car is Oct 2011. Only has 8000 on the clock. My dealer is quite good though. Replaced the wheels when I pointed out they had corrosion near the centre cap straight away. Lets hope they sort this out?
      Apart from this problem I do love the car.

Comment

That's exactly what I am looking for.
        I am trying to anticipate what I might be getting into lol.

Please guys, can you tell us what year is your car, Thanks!
        Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
        Have any of these issues been reported cars built from 2012 onwards?
        2006 Peugeot 206 1.6 110hp (Sold)
        2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0 Turbo 230hp (Sold)
        2003 Honda S2000 2.0 240hp (Sold)
        2012 Citroen DS3 Sport 1.6 Turbo 165hp (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by marioiturri View Post

Mine is a 10 plate
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

10 plate also

Comment

Originally posted by marioiturri View Post

Full engine rebuild for me. 2010 plate.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Dealers wont give me any error codes because citreon say no.... not allowed.
                Right, who do I complain to about the engine issues? Ive already written to cit 2 weeks ago and have not heard back. 3 weeks left on warranty....

Comment

Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
                  Dealers wont give me any error codes because citreon say no.... not allowed.
                  Right, who do I complain to about the engine issues? Ive already written to cit 2 weeks ago and have not heard back. 3 weeks left on warranty....
                  There's plenty of apps out there to review the error codes yourself, a lot of local mechanics could check it for you too. Perhaps stop by one of them after it's juddered when you have the car back to check.

There's no reason why Citroen wouldn't give you the error codes on your car unless they're planning to implement a fix that won't fix the issue in my eyes.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                    There's plenty of apps out there to review the error codes yourself, a lot of local mechanics could check it for you too. Perhaps stop by one of them after it's juddered when you have the car back to check.

There's no reason why Citroen wouldn't give you the error codes on your car unless they're planning to implement a fix that won't fix the issue in my eyes.
                    The lady at the dealers was nice enough to tell me that the error codes DO relate to the juddering.

Comment

The lady at the dealers was nice enough to tell me that the error codes DO relate to the juddering.
                      The error codes should actually tell you what's faulty though i.e. super knock(more than likely the case)
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

'Inv into stuttering of engine at high speed, found on road test hesitation when underload in 5th, also very slightly at low speeds, superknock faults as before reqs emaildiag'

Comment

'Inv into stuttering of engine at high speed, found on road test hesitation when underload in 5th, also very slightly at low speeds, superknock faults as before reqs emaildiag'
                          HPFP and/or timing chain.

It really shouldn't be taking them this long to figure it out. Maybe mention this post to them when you're next in.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

New engine on mine at 14000 miles on a 10 plate....New engine replaced under warranty now coverd 4000 miles without any problems.

Comment

Sorry to be dense, but can someone please explain what "superknock" is, what causes it, and what it does to the engine?

Comment

Hopefully they will use the 'flow chart' checklist that they were given from Citroen headoffice to solve this once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X