Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always on fan heater - suspect resistor

Hi everyone,

Been really enjoying our DS3 1.6 diesel (110 '63) since we got it back in the summer, but a random error has occurred with the fan heating system just over the Christmas break.

The temperature controls still work (both increasing and decreasing the temperature), the source selection works (internal or external air), the AC still works, but the speed adjustment seems to be broken in that the fans are still running when you turn the speed to zero. They push more air as you turn it up but they never turn off fully.

Is this a fault others have seen before and if so, how do I fix it? I've tried googling but only found reference to replacing the resistor in a C3. Is there a video or guide specifically for the DS3 as I really don't want to ruin my nice car.

Thanks for any help

Ewan

Welcome to the Club

Try disconnecting the battery for a minute- will act as a reset

Next stop, pull fuse to make sure its not picking a live from somewhere else
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

I tried both your suggestions at lunch time today and still the same behaviour so I was wondering if you or anyone else had any further ideas?

I'm not afraid to do a bit of work on it as it is always good to learn how systems work together.

Cheers,

Ewan

Comment

how about ebaying a new central control unit, and swapping it out

Mere guesswork obvs- depends how much u can pick a salvage one up for. £20?

Prior to buying a salvage one, look behind the original for connections and anything that looks damaged?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X