EMS Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMS Flashing

Hello everyone. I am a new member to this site but have browsed it in the past and found it so useful so my turn to tell my tale of woe! I have, what can only be described as a bit of a dud. It has had 3 new timing chains on it, rust under the door mirror and the rear wash wipe that washes the inside rather than the outside of the window!! It has only done 55k. It is a 63 plate 1.6THP Sport (155) and if anyone has a magic wand to make it go away I would be grateful.. So today, I had a mobile mechanic do a full service on it. I went to drive it, switched the engine on, the EMS flashed up telling me that there was a fault that needed repairing then the fan (which came on instantly) did not switch off for a good five minutes. There was also a feint smell of oil which may have just been residual. Any ideas what this can be as it appears unrelated to the service (how can an oil change and a couple of filters make the car undriveable? In my experience surely this is an unlucky coincidence?). I read another thread about this issue possibly being connected with the timing chain problem or possibly the HPFP. If it was the HPFP could that have been damaged by the timing chain failures? Why could a service set this off and is there a quick fix before I push this car over a cliff (I'd obvs have to drive it there first) !
Working...
X