Help! persistent boost pressure issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! persistent boost pressure issue

Hi Guys, my 2011 DS3 THP 156 has been remapped, and should boost at approximately 1.2 bar according to the tuning guy (a well known tuner, with previous experience on this engine, so i don't doubt him). No matter what i do i can't get my car to boost over 0.7 bar (which is the stock boost it always had)!

I've had it checked for boost leaks and the garage said he found none. While he was at it, he replaced the valve that controls the wastegate actuator (the one under the manifold at the back, not sure what its technical name is) just to make sure it isn't the issue (had one lying around), but no change. I also upgraded the diverter valve to a GFB DV+, thinking it was the known leak at boost issue, but to no avail. I have an MTC intake installed. and other than these two upgrades and the remap, the car is stock.

The car responds very well, and holds boost, just doesn't seem to be able to increase it above stock boost level. What could be the reason i'm stuck at 0.7 bar? maybe the turbo itself?

P.S.
    I've read all previous posts and none seemed to be of any help hoping one of the experts could save me!
Working...
X