Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Sensor

Evening everyone.

I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance if I mess up on forum etiquette.

I'm looking to replace the temp sensor in a 2010 DS3, 1.6 VTi. I've seen a few vids and it looked quite straight forward. However when I've looked under the bonnet, the temperature sensor isn't visible and looks to be encased in a housing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210413_175359910.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	404041Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210413_175402358.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	404040

Is this something specific to the DS3 and how easy is it to get into the housing, if indeed that is where the sensor is to be found?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Scott.
    Attached Files

Hi Scott,
    I know it has been a while but I thought it worth replying anyway. The actual thermostat is part of the thermostat housing and cannot be replaced separately. The coolant temperature sensor can but is a pig to get to through all the hoses. I'm afraid you have to replace the entire housing. I just recently completed this and whilst it is a pain it is not a terrible job to do. You have to remove the battery and battery cage, a couple of harnesses, the gear linkage bracket and the turbo cooling union so it is quite involved but not to difficult.

Comment

Working...
    X