Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adblue Tank Issue

Hi All

Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Just after to some advice if that’s ok.

I recently bought my Wife a Diesel DS3 Crossback from Motorpoint. We bought the car in August 2022 at which point it still had 13 months warranty left.
    The vehicle only had 9800 miles on the clock and was in showroom condition - the plastic protective covering was still on some of the trim.

We had no problems with the car until the beginning of December 2022 when initially the dash came up with a warning saying, "Engine Fault - Repair Needed" the Adblue warning light was also showing (not the warning saying "Car will not start in 700 miles") I topped the Adblue up with approximately 11 litres of Adblue, but this did not clear the fault.

I phoned Motorpoint who said I would need to Contact a DS dealer.

The following day upon driving to the dealer after about 15 miles into a 40 mile journey the dash warning then changed to " Starting Impossible in 700 Miles"

I left the car with the dealer and phoned the following day - they said I could pick it up as it was only the warning light that needed a reset and they had further topped the up the Adblue.

I collected the car but after approx 2 miles from the garage the lights came back on. I immediately returned the car to the garage and left it with them. When I phoned again 5 days later was told it needed a software update and was ok to pick up. This time they had test drove the car for 85 Mile and I then drove a further 35 mile home at which point the warning lights came back on.

After returning the car a 3rd time it was diagnosed it needed a new Adblue tank. It wasn't until the old Adblue tank was removed and drained, that they then said they had found diesel in the Adblue tank and this invalidated the warranty.

I am just wondering if any other owners have ever experienced this sort of thing or may know of any mechanical or electronic/software reason this could happen.

Regards
    Mark
Working...
X