No announcement yet.

Quiet Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice so looking at about 200, that seems reasonable as some of the energy saving dun lops and mitchelins where working out about 85 - 95 each. Where did you get yours done matt? i could do em up your way on one of my weekly visits to Coventry.

Comment

actually just read that again lol, ebay you say? is it worth it?

Comment

just went to a kwik fit mate but watch um like a hawk where ever u get um done cas of the rims bein how they are theyll scratch um if they ent careful. + they forgot to put my locking wheel nut back in car till i found it missin 2 days later and had to go searchin

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-New-205...item255e1bcf75

they are closest to wot i got feel better thn originals

Comment

my local place like me so much they normally don't charge for fitting but doubt they'l like me turning up with some ebay tyres lol. Im going to get some quotes from them see if they cut me any slack. May try blackcircles as well.

Comment

Was going to recommend etyres who I used when I needed tyres for my old C2, but just done a quick check on your size & they don't do the Toyo's
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

blackcircles.com?
                205/45/17 Toyo Proxies T1-R
                £99.35 each tyre. Fully fitted.
                DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Camskill.co.uk

205/45/17 Toyo T1-R

incl delivery
                  1x £80.94
                  2x £161.88
                  3x £242.82
                  4x £323.76

Get them fitted at local tyre place £10 a corner including balancing

Comment

That's a good price!

Comment

Originally posted by B19PPh View Post
                      Camskill.co.uk

205/45/17 Toyo T1-R

incl delivery
                      1x £80.94
                      2x £161.88
                      3x £242.82
                      4x £323.76

Get them fitted at local tyre place £10 a corner including balancing
                      They look a good deal and are 88W in terms of load and speed rating - 88 is as per original fitted on our wheels and W is a faster speed rating so that's great too - people sometimes forget and go down on the speed rating, meaning that technically your insurer could have a wriggle point on paying out following an accident if you had put a slower speed rating on (you can up but not down) then was fitted originally.....we need at least 88V - so unless I've got something wrong 88W is therefore faster...

'205/45R17 88W XL TL Toyo Proxes T1R'

I think I'm going to need new fronts soon (16,000 miles now).

Edit - if you guys think these are good tyres I'm tempted to go for them - the Potenzas are more like £140 plus a pop, these Toyos appear to be pocket money - does anyone know do these have a decent life or are we talking a lot less miles before they wear out? (given the same driving style in both cases)...

Regards,
                      Clive.
                      Last edited by CliveP; 30-08-2012, 10:20.
                      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

The Toyos are a softer compound and wont last as long but I had them on my Golf and ran them for 10-11k and they were down to 3mm front and 4mm on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by B19PPh View Post
                          The Toyos are a softer compound and wont last as long but I had them on my Golf and ran them for 10-11k and they were down to 3mm front and 4mm on the back.
                          Thanks - still look like great value at that price - I popped into a local tyre fitting place yesterday and they said they'd fit them at the same price that they do puncture repairs for - which believe it or not is £5 incl balancing, valve! (just shows what a rip off the main places are).

And, here's the best bit, the prices have dropped since you posted them the other day - about £70 each now! Even decent, non-punctured, fully tested, part-worn potenzas are about £50 a go....

So I think I might get at least a pair of these ordered...

Thanks again,
                          Clive.
                          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                            Thanks - still look like great value at that price - I popped into a local tyre fitting place yesterday and they said they'd fit them at the same price that they do puncture repairs for - which believe it or not is £5 incl balancing, valve! (just shows what a rip off the main places are).

And, here's the best bit, the prices have dropped since you posted them the other day - about £70 each now! Even decent, non-punctured, fully tested, part-worn potenzas are about £50 a go....

So I think I might get at least a pair of these ordered...

Thanks again,
                            Clive.
                            Should defo get them now

Comment

What's the life on the Toyo Proxes T1Rs? Just had my ds3 serviced and they told me my fronts need replacing in about 1000 miles so want to start researching the best tyres to get

Comment

Saw some 35 profile tyres on a Beamer the other day
                                Now they look REAL good
                                Wonder what the insurance increase would be to get them fitted?
                                And would they look silly on 17inch rims? Too much of a gap- spose that where slamming comes in
                                CBLUE
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X