Ouch Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch Check Engine Light

Was running down the autobahn with the speedometer buried and then suffered a massive loss of power with a check engine light. Got her home and took a good look this morning. The intake pipe had blown off! Right where it is clamped to the intake manifold behind the engine. After taking the wheel and wing liner off was able to get in there from the bottom and get it all tightened up. Took it for a run and everything seems to be working fine. Just have to go get the stupid light reset now.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Disconnect the battery to reset the car,

That should work !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
      Disconnect the battery to reset the car,

That should work !
      That didn't and tried a couple of other things that were sugested but no luck that light would not reset.
      Ended up taking it to a dealer and left it while went to the doctor. When got back they not only cleared the light they updated the stupid computer wiping my map. I am so mad but what can you do can't complain because that would be admitting that it was mapped to begin with errrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        That didn't and tried a couple of other things that were sugested but no luck that light would not reset.
        Ended up taking it to a dealer and left it while went to the doctor. When got back they not only cleared the light they updated the stupid computer wiping my map. I am so mad but what can you do can't complain because that would be admitting that it was mapped to begin with errrrrrr.
        Shitter, hopefully the guys who did your map should still be able to remap it free of charge (Viezu do).

Disconnecting the battery usually fixes any engine lights for me also. If not, get yourself a cheap elm kit and clear the engine lights yourself. You can pick one up off Amazon or Ebay for around £15-£20
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Definitely getting something to reset myself, no way letting that happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            Definitely getting something to reset myself, no way letting that happen again.
            I use OBD Torque on my tablet with a OBDII bluetooth adapter for doing it. Used to just use a cheap-o ELM kit and plug it into my laptop. There's plenty of shareware out there you can use to read management codes though.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Torque can read and clear any faults- very handy piece of kit to have about and goes on whatever you have- phone or tablet. Whole thng including adapter and purchasing the app will cost you less than 15 quid
              http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
              Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Working...
              X