Timing Chain Gone AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Chain Gone AGAIN

car went onto limp mode today and guess what fooking timing chain tensioner has gone again :mad:
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Changed at 16K gone again at 36K ........................thats it the car is going trade the heap of shit in for something else
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Sorry to hear that
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Go Japanese next!

Comment

"Citroen are replacing my engine bit by bit under warranty" TWICE

Thats grim Monkey- feel for you

Mercedes A45 looks good- 336 BHP no less
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Its got to the point that I cannot trust the car again .....................you should not have to replace major engine parts with less than 40K on the clock

At the mo its had complete new timing gear at 16K ..........high pressure fuel pump 18K .............and now timing Gear again 36K fuck this

Ok the warranty is paying but I recon i am about 500 quid out of pocket due to work etc and the dealer I use is one of the best I cannot fault them so while I was down there I was looking at a new DS3 oil burner am I mad or what !!!!!!

Comment

Point taken- Astra VXR....0-60mph 5.8secs
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Rotten luck, mate - and deeply worrying for the rest of us who've had the timing chain tensioner replaced, if the replacement part is equally prone to failure.

Mine's now done 20k on its new chain & tensioner. I'm thinking that I made a good decision by taking out the extended warranty (but acutely conscious that I may have made a bad decision by not chopping it in months ago...)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                Rotten luck, mate - and deeply worrying for the rest of us who've had the timing chain tensioner replaced, if the replacement part is equally prone to failure.

Mine's now done 20k on its new chain & tensioner. I'm thinking that I made a good decision by taking out the extended warranty (but acutely conscious that I may have made a bad decision by not chopping it in months ago...)
                Well I was going to keep it for another year and pay the extra warranty even though my head tells me not to but now its time to part company.

While I was talking to the service guys I was also in deep conversation with sales and just said enough is enough

I even have taken out a top AA cover coz I dont trust the thing so at the mo I am looking at the same spec car ie:leather ......sat nav ......etc etc but a diesel

While I was chugging to the dealer at 30mph flat in 2nd gear yesterday I had loads of time to think what to do but the funny thing the power came back 4 times on my 35 mile trip it went from sloooooow to mega faaaaaast .............................what a crock of shit (but I love the car not the engine)

Another funny point is it had just had a service maybe the hydraulic tensioner dont like clean oil any way I have a top spec 1.6 petrol as a run around white with a pink roof and dash .................hello Kitty

Comment

I'm having the same problems, 14k then again at 24k.

It's heartbreaking

Comment

If you are considering a DS3 Sport+ Diesel I can confirm that aside from a stereo unit issue (replaced yesterday by Citroen) it's been a dream on it's first 12500 miles for me. Great inside, like all DS3s looks brilliant on the outside and the 110bhp version I have isn't too shabby on performance either.... 54mpg average and currently free Road Tax....

Any questions on the diesel DS3 let me know....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      If you are considering a DS3 Sport+ Diesel I can confirm that aside from a stereo unit issue (replaced yesterday by Citroen) it's been a dream on it's first 12500 miles for me. Great inside, like all DS3s looks brilliant on the outside and the 110bhp version I have isn't too shabby on performance either.... 54mpg average and currently free Road Tax....

Any questions on the diesel DS3 let me know....
                      im the same so good luck with whatever you do
                      have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
                        I'm having the same problems, 14k then again at 24k.

It's heartbreaking
                        Heart breaking is not the word it's bloody criminal
                        I love the car but to have life long engine parts changed at this interval just is not on

Anyway looks like I have done the deal to get rid problem is I like the car but not the shoddy thp engine

We consumers just don't have a leg to stand on

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                          We consumers just don't have a leg to stand on
                          *cries

Comment

Even though I have part ex'd it in for a 62 plate top spec 110 Diesel the dealer rang me this morning and guess what

Timing Chain failure again Can you believe it this motor is made of chocolate

Are Citroen kidding peeps the 155 new one is any different ???

So in two years of ownership I have had three lifelong parts fail one twice

Cam chains with today's oil tech should last 100 thou at least not 10K

Do CUK read this forum I hope so coz that car has cost me DEAR in time off work and covering hire car etc etc

Comment

Surprised you even contemplating a DS3 Monkey
                              You must like something about them
                              Dont know of any 155 problems tho
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X