No announcement yet.

New Whistling Noise. Increases with revs. DS3 DSport 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen it a few times myself recently so I'd be interested too!
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Originally posted by DT757 View Post
      Dragging this from the past, what was the recall issue regarding the earth cable?

Thanks
      To set it straight it was NOT a recall there is an info rapide about an earth cable earth cable for the radio. There was a recall for the main battery earth cable that would cause the car to stall while driving. They installed a longer cable to fix this.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

So the 'info rapide' shoudl be known about by dealers?
        Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Thanks got clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
            So the 'info rapide' shoudl be known about by dealers?
            Yes, sometimes it helps when you speak to the service dept to let them know that there is an info rapide available for this issue
            sigpic

Comment

Is it the same as this noise? https://vimeo.com/104249272

Mine did it for about a week and now it's stopped?
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, mine is definitely bleed over from the mobile phone IIRC.
                Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
                Cars:

Comment

Hello, please can I have a link to cute kittens? 👍😁

That has to be the weirdest first post ever, but it's something I need in my life!

I've had the problem intermittently for a few months (probably happens once every 2 months, and switching the car off and on again fixed it, but this last week it's been making the noises permanently... Getting pretty annoying now.

I don't know if it's related, but I seem to be getting really poor reception on the radio recently - it used to be really good, so something has definitely happened.

The radio also doesn't connect to Bluetooth every now and then - and whenever it doesn't connect to Bluetooth, it usually fails to recognise The USB port too! I could have a near-dead radio unit I guess? Or is the usb/Bluetooth using separate modules?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss View Post
                    Hello, please can I have a link to cute kittens? [emoji106][emoji16]

That has to be the weirdest first post ever, but it's something I need in my life!

I've had the problem intermittently for a few months (probably happens once every 2 months, and switching the car off and on again fixed it, but this last week it's been making the noises permanently... Getting pretty annoying now.

I don't know if it's related, but I seem to be getting really poor reception on the radio recently - it used to be really good, so something has definitely happened.

The radio also doesn't connect to Bluetooth every now and then - and whenever it doesn't connect to Bluetooth, it usually fails to recognise The USB port too! I could have a near-dead radio unit I guess? Or is the usb/Bluetooth using separate modules?

Thanks for any help
                    Welcome to the club

Sounds like a dodgy head unit, get it booked in at your dealer, should be covered under warranty.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you

Unfortunately it's out of warranty now, so it'll have to be a combination of eBay and DIY! - I imagine a dealership would charge silly money to fix?

will any ds3 radio fit, and are there any potential problems with buying second hand - are they coded to the car or anything like that? Just found this from a 2015 model (mine is a 2011)... https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/322035766888

Comment

As we've moved onto replacing the head unit, is there an equivalent unit with DAB? Would be a nice upgrade if that could be done while keeping the original look...��

Comment

Working...
                        X