No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my DS3 to have its first service a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the tiny bit (1-2mm bits around the centre caps) of corrosion on 3 of the wheels and they took photos.

I didn't think I would here anything back but a week or so later they rang me to let me know they had new set of wheels waiting for me. I didn't think it would be that easy but they said as long as there isn't any damage to the wheels (curbing, etc) then it should be a straight forward warranty claim. Its a shame all Citroen dealers don't seem to be as good.

Comment

• Well I fired off an email of to Perrys in Huddersfield, and spoke to the warranty guy at Perrys Milton Keynes ( nice guy) , he told me the facts , the dealer does not need to seek prior approval. , then I spoke to customer services at Cuk . Anyway got an email from them, the dealer had got the wrong end of the stick, they had spoke to them and would be getting in touch to replace my wheels. Result , thanks to you guys on here and Cuk and Perrys Huddersfield :cool:

Comment

• That's good news blue, I just hope it's as easy if i need to claim, but touch wood no signs of any damage on my wheels yet but i've only had car since feb and just coming up to 2k. Think this winter will test them.
        Last edited by tez; 16-09-2012, 14:10.
        2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

• Waiting awhile till I claim mine
          Rotting a little at the moment
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Im waiting to hear back about mine... only went in last thursday though..
            -- Gannet.
            DS3 DSport THP150, Polar White, Carmen Red Roof...

Comment

• well further update, Perrys in Huddersfield did not ring me back and so I rang them this morning , they are still insisting I write them a letter saying I will pay for them should Cuk not pay for them , getting a bit disillusioned by them now

Comment

• Originally posted by bluevrs2 View Post
                well further update, Perrys in Huddersfield did not ring me back and so I rang them this morning , they are still insisting I write them a letter saying I will pay for them should Cuk not pay for them , getting a bit disillusioned by them now
                Is there no other dealer near you that you could try? Its not great the different answers you get from different dealers. It reminds me of why i dont like mobile phone stores, each store despite being a franchise has a different idea of what deals they can give you or just however they feel that day!

Comment

• Originally posted by bluevrs2 View Post
                  they are still insisting I write them a letter saying I will pay for them should Cuk not pay for them
                  That's wholly unreasonable. I'd go somewhere else.

Comment

• Think it's all the car dealers round this area blue, I had same problem with the peugeot dealers over my 207's. Huddersfield was useless and halifax even worse, I took my GTI to them for the ABS replacing and they give me the car back with hardly any brakes took it back and spoke to the head tech guy that did it and he thought the brakes was ment to be like that. They had never had a GTI in there before lol.

Get on to Cuk and push them into getting intouch with the dealer, everyone else has had them replaced.
                    2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

• Cuk informed again ,they could not believe they had asked me to write a letter, I am trying to get Cuk to agree to have Citroen Bradford to replace them , will chase up tomorrow , I have been busy detailing my daughters 1st car, 10 hours !

Comment

• I take it Cuk won't get on to perrys and tell them to do it for you then.

Comment

• Sent an email off to Cuk but doing shifts , want to speak to Darren Moore ( customer care manager

Comment

• Well Darren Moore spoke to the dealer and told them that Cuk would cover any costs even if the claim was rejected .Dealer had ordered new ones, and hopefully fitted 5th October.

Comment

• That's good news, hope I have a smoother ride when and if I have to claim now they are replacing a set.

Comment

• just checked my Alloy`s tonight and yep all 4 have corrosion. be using Wingrove West Citroen. see what they have to say.
                                61 Yellow + Black DS3 Dstyle+ Vti 120
                                60 Blue Toyota Aygo 1.0 ( Work Car )
                                57 Cool Blue Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Design (Work Car)
                                56 Black C4 VTR+ Hatch 1.6
                                03 Mauritius Blue Saxo Desire 1.1

Comment

Working...
                                X