No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to take the Bellones in with corrosion would be 2 month before the warranty expires I would suggest
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

• It would seem that the wheels are not included in the Anti-perforation section of the warranty; so quite where they would fit in, I dunno,............

"Fitness for purpose", well, even if they are corroded they still function, they just don't look as pretty, so that may not work.

All in all it is a very confusing area, involving different opinions and reactions from different dealerships.

Very subjective stuff, this corrosion, methinks !

Not heard owt yet !

Guarantee runs out next Sunday !
      Citroen DS3 1.6HDI – 90HP
      Check Out - http://www.youtube.com/user/BravosUK/videos - If you've nowt better to do !
      "DS3 Black and White HDi 90"

Comment

• My wheels now also have white bubbles coming through the painted parts of the wheel :-( Does anyone have a fix for this other than replacing or re-painting them? (Corrosion is present on the spokes - clear ali parts - and now the painted black parts of the wheel. All of my warranty claims have been rejected by Citroen :-( )

Comment

• By Citroen do you mean your local dealer or Citroen UK after it was referred to them for a decision ? If the former I'd probably try a different dealer to see if they are keen to help you.... if the latter I don't know what else you can do
          sigpic

Comment

• Just had a phone call from the local Citroen dealer; hopefully the new wheels will be delivered tomorrow. So I'm provisionally booked in for 0800hrs (zulu) on Thursday.

No quibbles at all from Citroen UK !

All's well that ends well ?
            Check Out - http://www.youtube.com/user/BravosUK/videos - If you've nowt better to do !

Comment

• That's fantastic news mate.
              I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Comment

• I took the vehicle in yesterday morning at 0800 hrs, and was driven home by one of the mechanics, as it was raining.

At about 1100 hrs I received a phone call from the very nice chap at my local Citroen Dealers.

Could I collect the vehicle, and did I need a lift ?

I am only a ten minute walk away, and it had stopped raining, so I walked to the garage and picked the vehicle up.

It now has a nice new shiny set of alloys !

In the PM washed them all off, and dried them, and treated the rear wheels to some Autoglym wheel sealer; then it started to rain so I intend to finish the front wheels ASAP.

It was nice to see that the tyres had all been refitted in their original positions. I dare say some dealers may not be quite as careful ?

I am lead to believe that, for example, fitting a tyre that has been on the N/s front onto the O/s rear, and any other “side to side” swapping (As opposed to ‘front to rear’) of tyres, may cause odd vibrations, as opposed to Beach-Boy-type-Good-Vibrations, and uneven wear patterns.

I have not personally encountered this "syndrome", but bearing in mind that I am an "old fogie" who used to swap the cross-ply tyres on his old Austin A40, Singer Gazelle and later Hillman Avenger, around regularly, to even out the wear, I am prepared to believe that the construction of radial tyres is less suited to such random swapping procedures !

Anyway, the corrosion issue was spotted on Thursday 16th Jan, and by yesterday AM, Thursday 23rd Jan, my DS3 had a new set of wheels.

Is it not quite amazing, the way in which different dealers have different responses to such issues.

I wonder how much is down to the dealer, and how much is down to Citroen UK, or anywhere else ?

Anyway I am well suited with my local dealers, I have dealt with them for donkey's years, maybe that helps ?

:snowy0:

Comment

• Well done with the new alloys and nice to hear of some good customer service ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
                  sigpic
                  Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

• Great news, pleased it's all sorted for you now
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good to see they are still replacing the rotting wheels without much problem
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Before I stick my new ones back on I'm considering getting them sprayed over with a lacquer to protect them well and also perhaps give a deeper shine. I'm wanting to keep the car long term and really don't want them turning to s*** in years to come. I'll keep you posted on quotes and perhaps the finished product.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Before and after pics would be great - thanks !
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kime252 View Post
                            I'm wanting to keep the car long term and really don't want them turning to s*** in years to come.
                            Me too. To that end I run steel wheels with winter tyres when there's road salt about, and the alloys for the rest of the year.
                            Seems to be working - my replacement bellones are still like new
                            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I bought my Ds3 in October...white with black roof 1.6 diesel. Fell in love with the car before I had even sat in it and knew I had to have one! End of January I noticed there was some alloy corrosion but was only a tiny bit so I didn't worry too much. Literally weeks down the line the front two were covered and the back two were beginning to show signs at the centre around the citroen badge.

After finding this site and this thread, I decided to call my Citroen garage and inquire.....after going along and having them take photos Citroen have authorised all four to be replaced!! Super happy as all four were perfect when I bought it and that was one of the main things I wanted, scored alloys just look messy - especially on Ds3 ones! Warranty runs out in Sept so I'm hoping my car just had a dud batch and all will be sorted.

I really just wanted to say thank you for all your comments otherwise I would never have found it to be a common problem and do anything about it!

Also, any tips on a seal/protecting product I can put on them to help prevent corrosion in the future?!

Thanks in advance!! Lx

Comment

• I use this Wheel Seal+Shine
                                e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X