No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PPWSAS as the previous member posted or FK1000P high temp sealant. Great on alloys and also on bodywork for that extra protection for your pre winter detail.

Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

• I use Carbon Collective Platinum Ceramic wheel sealer....lasts 2 years
      ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
      eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

• Comment

• I noticed a small amount of this on one of mine yesterday too Joe, only picked the car up at the end of May 2013

When I get a moment I'll call pass my dealer and get them to take a look, only one wheel so far
          sigpic

Comment

• Think its a good idea leaving till the end of warranty- 2 yrs 11 month and then get a new set
            Better if it doesnt happen, obvs
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Yeah I might wait until nearer the warranty end period or until such time as the corrision looks too bad.
              sigpic

Comment

• Pictures have been sent off to the dealer so looking ok for next week's service.

Comment

• Mine have been like that for at least two years, kept forgetting to mention it to the dealer. Can it be ground off and repainted?

Comment

• just been to see the dealer about rust coming up on both offside wheels and was ready for an argument about replacement and would you believe it without any hesitation they have ordered 2 new wheels and will get back to me as soon as they are in. i also asked about them replacing all 4 and was told if they are not rusty they wont change them but if it starts they will change them with no questions and no pre approval from CUK.

Comment

• That's great news
                      sigpic

Comment

• Went to the dealer today to get the driver side wheels replaced and was waiting about an hour and a half after being given the new wheels to coat with protect and shine they came back to tell me that the mechanic had replace the 2 front wheels instead of the driver side front and back. They asked me to identify the wheel that had come off the nearside front so they could put it back on but the mechanic must have beed a bit harsh with them after he had removed them as they were both quit badly marked. After another 10 mins deliberation and asking me to show them where the corrosion was on the back wheel i was asked to wait in the service waiting area so they could have a chat, 15 mis later i am told that they have no ordered another 2 wheels for me so a 1 hour job to change 2 wheels has ended up with a 2 and a half hour wait and 4 new wheels.

not a bad result.

Comment

• Yes, I would say the extra 1 and a half hours were worth 2 new rims!
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

• Great result !
                            sigpic

Comment

• Just cant believe how dizzy some of these "Mechanics" are
                              Least you got a full set in the end

I'm soooooo careful with all my sets of wheels- bordering looooonacy
                              Still had a 3 inch kerbing recently, swiftly covered with Rimblade
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Mine's in today so hopefully some good news this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                                X