No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I got it, please have a look at the pics of the corrosion on the alloys and tell me what you think. I hope the dealer agrees to change them or at least put a case forward

Comment

• They certainly look corroded to me sandrab
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

• How did it go at the dealer?

Comment

• Hi guys

I've had my car for about 2 1/2 months so far and I'm loving it....well apart from the major wheel corrosion I have :mad: I had the car washed today and when I was having a wander around it later I noticed the passenger front wheel looks like it's missing all it's lacquer. Looks like a nice visit to citroen is is order

P.s sorry the pic is upside down, I don't know why as it was the right way when I took it :-/
          Attached Files

Comment

• The dealer said he hasn't ever heard of any corrosion on ds3 alloys, YEAH RIGHT, I said well ive heard of loads of cases he sent me to the receiption and they phonedthrough to get service lad out to take pics, I asked her if she has had any other people in for alloy corrison and she said yes we have had a few. he took the pics and said we will be in touch, all good I thought, 2 minutes later just driving out they phoned my mobile and said sorry your car is out of warranty there is nothing we can do. I said I think its a disgrace to not honour my claim when the car is mint with only 15k on the clock and the alloys are so badly corroded, to which he replied well we can see you havnt had it serviced here, no I havnt but I have every bit of paperwork to prove it has been serviced, first service at 10k and second at 14k so I turned around and went back to the dealers and showed him all the paperwork and the service book, he photo copied everything and said he would do his best for me, and he would let me know but i don't think it will be good news. I had an email this afternoon from emailing cuk they have given me a case number and told me to take the car in to be inspected. what do i do now. do i wait for the garage to get back to me or phone cuk up and tell them i have already taken it in to link it with my case number ?

Comment

• Well the car IS out of warranty. I know you think you have a valid claim but so does everyone with a problem. You can't reasonably expect Citroen to keep honoring claims for every single person that comes in after it expires. There has to be a limit somewhere. Citroen have been very responsive to complaints that do fall within the warranty period. If you want to blame someone blame the former owner for not taking care of it. As to the you have not had it serviced here comment the dealer may have covered the cost himself out of courtesy for a good repeat customer. Try to keep a positive outlook and think of it as a reason to put on some nice aftermarket rims on and keep the originals for winter.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

• Don't forget that the Sale of Goods act gives 6 years if you can prove the item has an inherent fault. The SOG act sits on top of any warranty and is not replaced or superseded by it. I had an item of PC equipment replaced at 3 years old, the warranty had expired after 12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                  Hi guys

I've had my car for about 2 1/2 months so far and I'm loving it....well apart from the major wheel corrosion I have :mad: I had the car washed today and when I was having a wander around it later I noticed the passenger front wheel looks like it's missing all it's lacquer. Looks like a nice visit to citroen is is order

P.s sorry the pic is upside down, I don't know why as it was the right way when I took it :-/
                  That looks quite odd - the inner ring which most of the corrosion cases have been about in this thread is 100% perfect.

Is it definitely not brake dust that's stuck to the surface?

It almost looks like it's been cleaned with an Acid Alloy cleaner and not washed off properly.
                  DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

• Maybe it hasn't been cleaned properly or something? Hmm, I'm at college all weekend but I could try to clean the wheel to see if i can get it off. It feels quite rough though, all the other wheels are fine. I've only had the car a couple of months and its been dirty pretty much all that time as I haven't had chance to clean it, so I don't really know if it was like this when I got it. The car is only just over 2 years old too. I took it to have it cleaned as I just don't have the time to do it myself and it was filthy, I really hope I haven't inadvertently caused this. What should I do?

Comment

• Picked mine up Friday. 2011 plate registered in July that year but all four wheels suffering from centre corrosion, so going to pop in to Citroen tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

• I think I see SOME corrosion on my Bellones. But that's when looking at 15 cm away. On the center cap edges... not too bad. Luckily I don't use them in the winter.

Comment

• Mines the same I have it on all four wheel centres and on the outside edge of the drivers front wheel too! And no kerb damage might I add! And she's 2!

Comment

• Booked in at citroen for them to check the condition of the wheels in the morning. Car still just in warranty so they said they'll have a look. Fingers are well and truly crossed.

Comment

• Result! 4 new wheels on order. Big thanks to a Town Centre Citroen in Sunderland.

Comment

• Been to my dealers today and they said that they are confident that they can get them covered for me as they aren't the best and getting worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X