Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellone wheel corrosion

Not very happy about this at 6 months old and only 5000 miles - all four wheels - the lacquer must have been damaged when the centre caps were inserted

Am awaiting a response from the dealer
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Anyone else noticed this on theirs?

Mine's not clean enough to spot any corrosion at the moment tbh, but I'll be pi**ed off come resale time if the alloys don't scrub up OK.

Comment

Yep! On all four.

Comment

not looked but will do tmr

Comment

get it back the dealers corrosion is covered under warranty, ive known a few peeps to have new wheels under warranty, (not citroen though) worth a try?
          Last edited by Gazmdm; 15-01-2011, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmdm View Post
            get it back the dealers corrosion is covered under warranty, ive known a few peeps to have new wheels under warranty, (not citroen though) worth a try?
            Absolutely - as I say I'm waiting for a response. I suspect though that this will turn out to be widespread problem (Gareth above for another one) and they will have to come up with fix to ensure that the same thing doesn't happen with a replacement set
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

mines the same

Comment

they will prob blame it on all the salt thats been on the roads as of late, but still your wheels should be able to stand a few years of this.

Comment

Nope Mine Are Ok ?

Comment

do you think its where they have prised off one colour cap, to replace with another colour, with a screwdriver?

Comment

One of mines coroded

Comment

I removed all 4 of my wheels today to give them a good scrub round the back. Inspected them for any signs of corrosion. Cant find any. It will be a year in May since i purchased the car.

Hope mine dont stat corroding like that. Hope they sort it out for you mate. Not acceptable after 6 months.

Comment

This is probably due to harsh acid based wheel cleaners and not through salt corrosion. Please don't tell me you take your car to be washed at a local "Hand wash" center :rolleyes: ? Or have you ever used something similar to "Wonder Wheels" which is an extreamly concentrated form of hydrochloric acid. This eats away at the wheel surface and causes the damage that can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by benjic2 View Post
                            This is probably due to harsh acid based wheel cleaners and not through salt corrosion. Please don't tell me you take your car to be washed at a local "Hand wash" center :rolleyes: ? Or have you ever used something similar to "Wonder Wheels" which is an extreamly concentrated form of hydrochloric acid. This eats away at the wheel surface and causes the damage that can be seen.
                            I wouldn't dream of telling you that - in fact I've never heard of 'Wonder Wheels'

Being semi-retired and consequently thrifty I have sufficient time on my hands to wash the car with a hose brush and elbow grease, only rarely even resorting to wasn'n'wax since the car has some sort of dealer applied wonder paintwork treatment the name of which escapes me!

No doubt I shall receive a similar sort of patronising first response from the dealer when they get to carry out a detailed inspection next week (so far they only have a photograph) but the fact remains that some corrosive agent (almost certainly sodium chloride solution - road salt) has got under the protective lacquer where the centre cap has been shoved into the wheel - the rest of the wheel is fine and looks like new. I've not investigated further myself since the tight beggars didn't even supply me with one of those plastic tools to get the wheel bolt caps off.

I'll keep the forum posted on developments
                            Last edited by Owd git; 18-01-2011, 11:25.

Comment

Ahh i see, fair play. Although you shouldnt be using a "brush" to clean your car with :O . I just raised the question as i have seen on numerous occasions that people have brought their cars back with corroded wheels, and once asked how they maintain them, they reply with the usual answer of a local car wash. Then again if you kept on top of them with a clean or even a hose down twice a week then there would be no way they could corrode anyway:P Good luck though

Comment

Working...
                              X