Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benjic2 View Post
    ... if you kept on top of them with a clean or even a hose down twice a week ...
    Gulp. Does anyone with a life seriously have time to do this?!!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Mine only gets done twice if it's a busy week more if not,
      But that's my car not our ds3 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

Comment

I clean mine no brushes a couples of times a week and polish with poorboy once a week .Each wheel treated the same ,but each has different amounts of corrosion.I have put some of my wifes clear nail polish over spots until I can sort something more perminant.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
          Err.. yes? I have pride in looking after my belongings unlike most. A car is the second most expensive thing you will buy in your life time so why not treat it correctly. I clean mine twice a week minimum, my wheels have a durable sealent on them so a power wash taks 90% of the dirt and brake dust off, then i use a weak shampoo solution to clean them. Stops corrosion and also means i drive around in a clean car.

Comment

Originally posted by benjic2 View Post
            A car is the second most expensive thing you will buy in your life time so why not treat it correctly.
            Errr.............3rd surely

1. wife
            2. house
            3. car

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
              Errr.............3rd surely

1. wife
              2. house
              3. car

Jimbob
              What about the kids surely they come second car 4th lol

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                Nah.......... car far more important than the kids!

Jimbob

Comment

So Its Gone From Expense To Importance...

>.<

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                    But you dont buy kids lol, but they are an expense but not as expensive as cars.
                    I've had quite a few cars with monthly payments and I can tell ya they cost alot more than kids lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

Comment

see update

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...heel-corrosion
                      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

bugger, just got my white wheels white again and there it was stairng at me CORROSION! only on one wheel though (front) 4 months old 8000 mls

Comment

mine have corrosion on them too NOT IMPRESSED!!!! my car is 2 months old and never been in the rain,salt ect, only has 300 miles on it....will ring the dealer tomorrow.. it must of had the corrosion from day 1! :-(

Comment

Hmmm, I thought that this might turn out to be a widespread problem - it'll will be interesting to see if Citroen stands behind it's products and replaces all our wheels FOC.............with a fix to ensure that it doesn't happen again with the replacements!
                            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I plan to use this stuff on the DS3 when it's delivered. If the wheel actively repells water then it is less likely to corrode. This company is not something you see on QVC either. They started out making special nanotech coatings for super yachts.

Last edited by Kenjikojo; 01-02-2011, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjikojo View Post
                                I plan to use this stuff on the DS3 when it's delivered. If the wheel actively repells water then it is less likely to corrode. This compant is not something you see on QVC either. They started out making special nanotech coatings for super yachts.

yes all well and good but my wheels have not even got wet!!!! and their is still corrosion!! all my wheels have seen is a damp microfiber cloth to remove brake dust..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X