No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you've whetted our appetites if you'll pardon the pun! - What is that stuff?
    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Its a company I discovered on the detailingworld .co.uk forum and they are called Gtechniqe. http://gtechniq.com/main-page/

They make all sorts of very interesting products for cleaning, polishing and finish protection. A lot of their product just have codes. The wheel armour as they describe it is called C5.

Comment

Any news on Citroen's response ? I have just noticed all four of mine have a little corrosion

Comment

I'll find out on the 11th at the latest when my car goes in to have the vacuum pump replaced
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I had my first service yesterday.I pointed out the corrosion on the wheels.They have taken photos and have sent them to citroen.If enough of us go to the dealers citroen will have to do something about it.The dealers said it will be down to how many complain.

Comment

well that was quick pics taken tuesday,thursday conformation that were going to be changed,but on back order. Phoned to day wheels in and to be changed on tuesday great service.

Comment

Originally posted by warescott View Post
                well that was quick pics taken tuesday,thursday conformation that were going to be changed,but on back order. Phoned to day wheels in and to be changed on tuesday great service.

If only they could build the cars as quick
                DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

That is good news I hope when I take mine in for its next service and point out the wheels that I get the same treatment

Comment

just checked with my dealer and they've heard nowt back from Paris as yet........told him about your result warescott so we'll see what happens next

Are you going to try to get the corroded set back so you can run winter tyres on 'em?

Comment

Just had a phone call from the dealer .My wheels are being replaced on monday.I did send an email to citroen uk. I dont know if that did the trick or if the dealer sorted it out them selves either way totally happy.
                      Last edited by alcaz1wolf; 24-02-2011, 09:14. Reason: spelling

Comment

Good result - well done for sticking to your guns.

Comment

Mine are showing slight signs of corrosion despite me applying a wax coat on each clean. I'm wondering about taking it in but also worried they will cause more damage by replacing the original tyres.
                          For those of you that have had wheels replaced did they come with new tyres or were the old ones put back on the new wheels?

Comment

You know if it is the centre cap that has damaged the lacquer then every time you have the wheels balanced after a tyre repair or replacement then it will make them worse as the centre cap has to be removed for the centre post of the balancing machine!

Comment

Citroen UK called me today and were talking about refurbishing my wheels!

I had the discussion with them about the centre cap damaging the lacquer but they don't seem to have thought about that. Also I've noticed today that the lacquer is just showing signs lifting at the edge of the rim on one wheel.

Kin 'ell these wheels are shite and I can't see that a second set would do any better.

Perhaps its time to get a set of OZs - pity Citroen won't pay

Comment

I* have not had them replaced yet but was told it would take a couple of hours,I cannot see them replacing wheels with new tyres what a nice thought .Afer 13500mile having the wheels replaced even after kerbing one side is more than expected . and with 2 years warrentee remaining thats another 3sets of wheels lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X