No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol alcaz, if you have that done let me know what dealership you had it done at as will take mine there lol

Comment

well had all the wheels changed free of charge this week will have to wait to see if the same happens again on the new Bellone wheels

Comment

new replacement wheels fitted.No new tyres ,but did not expect them.Now looking into getting gators fitted.Very pleased citroen customer here .Would advise all with corrosion to get to their Dealers.

Comment

Just a thought for those getting their's replaced under warantee, perhaps it's worthwhile being cheeky and asking if you can keep one of the old ones instead of having a dustbin lid as a replacement in the event of an accident?
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Was thinking of asking about the old wheels but they were not looking very happy about changing them .They never cleaned them after fitting either.Was counting myself lucky as two wheels had been kerbed.While I was there counted 15... ds3 on the forecourt 5 white and 2 blacks seven other colours and a Orla Kiely white which was AWFUL white with orange mirrors browny green dash and every headrest a different yucky colour.

Comment

You wont be allowed to keep the old wheel due to Citroen polices the dealership will need to keep this and I think citroen will ask for the wheels to be sent back to them they do this with most high price warranty parts.

Comment

They will probably refurbish them and then use them as replacements for the next warranty claim.
                DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Took my White to the dealer this morning, pics taken and sent to Citroen, now have to wait to see what they say

Comment

all 4 of my wheels have gone dose anyone no if they will replace them as the car is only 6 months old with 6000 miles on it cheers

Comment

I also seem to have corrsion starting to appear. It's on my rear right wheel at the moment, but ive notice on the others that the black paint, is chipping around the rim edges. And no i have not hit any kerbs or pot holes.

Comment

Remus the corrosion that seems prevalent is around the centre cap

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                          Remus the corrosion that seems prevalent is around the centre cap
                          Yeah thats where ive noticed the corrosion. They look exactly the same as in the pictures posted. But ive also noticed the black paint falling off around the wheel rim edges too.

Will take some pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Got an email from the dealer today confirming my wheels are to be replaced - and they can't sell me the old ones for few quid since Citroën want to 'inspect them'

Result anyway - hope the new ones don't go the same way next winter!
                            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

alloy wheel corrosion is a major issue with all manufacturers. everyone should get new wheels under their manufacturer warranty if corroded. BUT if the wheels are damaged, i.e kurbed or refurbed you may not get them under warranty.

Comment

Mine are OK for now, was planning on washing it soon and have a proper look

Comment

Working...
                                X