No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok folks, I was passing my local dealers and thought bugger it i'll go in and see what happens. Well, after the initial "who are you?" "you didn't buy it from us" and "what wheel corrosion" he came outside and looked at one wheel. I was on a downer already. He then asked his oppo to check for recalls, faults etc on the database, nothing. I pointed out that it was all the talk on the website. You guessed it "What website", even after giving him the card he still asked what site. So i proceeded to log in and show him. His reply was "we can't see the state of their wheels and I doubt if Citroen would just up and change all the wheels" After I said take a photo as Citroen UK are aware of the problem he said he would ring them and call me back.

Off I went across the showroom to speak to the friendly salesmen about france and their Orla Kiely when after 15 mins I get summoned on their phone back to the service dept. I feared the worst......then he said.........OK we'll change them under warranty, how many are damaged. All four says I, RESULT. Wheels now on order.

The morale of the story is be persistent but friendly and show them the club website, mine were only just starting to go but my friend the salesman said it was probably because of having the club behind me that did it.

Comment

I took my car into citroën other day and told them about this problem! They took photos and I am awaiting a reply
      Fingers crossed

Comment

I'm planning to visit my dealer about my wheels, the corrosion is only slight but it's there. So where do I get the DS3CLUB card from?

Comment

Ds3Club card? o.0
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            Ds3Club card? o.0
            Don't You Have One ?

Its Awesome - Gets You In Anywhere Exclusive + It's Interest Free !

I Have the Slightly Upmarket Gold Card *Smug*

Comment

Clearly worked for ds3adi. I GOTTA get me one!!!

Comment

send me a pm and i'll send you some

Comment

I also have corrosion on all four wheels around the centre caps. My car is just over a year old. The wheels are washed once a week with a sponge and car shampoo, no specific wheel cleaners have been used. I too will be making a visit to the dealer to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                    Don't You Have One ?

Its Awesome - Gets You In Anywhere Exclusive + It's Interest Free !

I Have the Slightly Upmarket Gold Card *Smug*
                    Wot? No Platinum, Zack?

Slumming it, mate.

Comment

Wheels arrived today and being fitted on monday in time for France, brill!

Comment

I am too having new wheels tomorrow. Any ideas as for a prevention. Looks like something is getting in behind the centre caps. Don't know if polish will help with that as it's between the laquer and diamond finish.

?

Comment

New wheels fitted no hassle, job done!

Comment

Got mine fitted last Friday - but am now running around without centre caps until new ones arrive from France!

When the centre caps arrive I'm going to get the dealer to fit them so that I can't be accused of damaging the lacquer if corrosion occurs again. Service Manager is thinking of using a bit of grease on them I believe.

I might well add a bit of this stuff from the inside - does the business on motorcycles, aircraft, boats etc etc

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm
                            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

The thing here is won't it just happen again? There seem little point in changing the wheels unless Citroen has fixed the problem otherwise in a couple of months you will be back to square one.

And our car is six months old and no corrosion on our wheels.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Do you have the Bellone wheels Biggie, and if so which ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X