Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
    The thing here is won't it just happen again? There seem little point in changing the wheels unless Citroen has fixed the problem otherwise in a couple of months you will be back to square one.

And our car is six months old and no corrosion on our wheels.
    All i can think is that somewhere along the line there was a duff batch. My car never went out in the snow and salt as I used my landrover. The other thing is, if we don't get them changed, Citroen may not bother to get the problem sorted. six of one and half a dozen of the other situation methinks

Comment

Thats a good point, fingers crossed that it was a duff batch of wheels.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Result.....Citroen have agreed to replace all 4 of my wheels, should get it done next week, assuming that the wheels are in stock with Citroen

Comment

Is this happening to all bellone wheels, irrespective of the colour, or only on certain of the colours?

(My silvers seem to be fine, underneath their "protective coating" of grime)

Comment

So far its only the blacks as far as I know

Comment

The whites too! Mine are anyway.

Comment

Have to taken it back to dealer to look at...get them to take pics & send to Citroen

Comment

Already done, just waiting for the reply.

Comment

Depending on how long ago it was it might be worth chasing them up, that's what I had to do

Comment

good news john, mine are white

Comment

i've noticed that the citroen badge in the middle of my alloys is rusty/corroded, but i have bought it second hand from a dealer, although its still under warranty. maybe worth a trip to citroen?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagic89 View Post
                          i've noticed that the citroen badge in the middle of my alloys is rusty/corroded, but i have bought it second hand from a dealer, although its still under warranty. maybe worth a trip to citroen?
                          Are you sure? I thought the centre cap was plastic.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Nice shiny new wheels fitted today, now all they need is a good coat of polish to protect them
                            Last edited by John S; 08-04-2011, 12:35.

Comment

Anyone know whether New Bellone Wheels have had the corrosion issue sorted? I was wondering because I wanted to buy a set for my Black 1.4 DS3 and it would be a shame to buy a new set just to have them corroded within months. Do you think it is worth the risk or should I keep my 16's?

Comment

No mark on my new ones after 3 months but it is summer

Comment

Working...
                                X