No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While drying the car off at TRAX I spotted the tell tale sign of corrosion on one wheel. Thats about 5 months after fitting the new set to replace the old corroded ones,and obviously no winter driving. No acids used to clean the wheels etc. Will keep an eye on them but have a feeling that Citroen wouldn't change them again

Comment

where about's? might have a quick look at mine later,

I use acid type cleaning stuff, but its what you get with kit if you went for the premium supaguard
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

See first post in thread

Comment

Can't tell where it is...
          sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
          Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

by the caps, the corrosion can be seen under the laquer on white and also black bellones.

Comment

i must be really picky. ive just had my rear bellones replaced under warranty because the silver diamond cut spoke wasnt a straight line. ha ha

Comment

Two cars in the dealers today to have Bellone's replaced. 8 new wheels delivered by Citroen, 7 had other defects Booked in again for a week on Tuesday. At least they did the recall work.

Comment

Anyone know if this is still a on going issue or have citroen sorted the wheels, just asking has i'm getting my new Dsport plus soon with the black bellone wheels. Think i'm going to inspect the wheels very closely when i go to pick it up to see if i can see the damaged laquer before they start corroding and point it out to the sales guy or even reject the car lol
                  2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Im Sure They Sorted It Mate

Comment

• Don't be so sure seeing as 2 of my replacement wheels have already got damaged laquer etc and they were only replaced 3 days ago.
                      Don't want to sound doom and gloom but the colour and looks are the only things i still like about the car tbh, they can't even find what's wrong with mine and coupled with the duff replacement bellone's i won't be buying another citroen. Hope you have better luck with your's tez
                      Last edited by studly; 21-01-2012, 16:56.
                      Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• lol my last 3 cars have been peugeot and one of them was a 207 gti with the thp engine so nothing can be worse than that studly
                        2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

• Well i can honestly say my previous ds3 white edition hdi was what i was expecting, it had decent mpg and no faults apart from a creaky dash and i was really happy untill some numpty decided to write it off for me :mad:
                          Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• Just cleaned my car today, all four wheels have corrosion around the centre caps. Cars only 3 months old.

Comment

• Take it back to the dealers and explain that it's a known fault and that others have had wheels replaced under warranty. Be polite though.

Comment

• Aye as has already been said...be poilte above all and make a point of highlighting the fact that other owners have had the same wheel corrosion and had the wheels replaced. I also pointed out that i hadn't used acid based wheel cleaners either and that a car so new shouldn't be suffering from wheel corrosion.

Comment

Working...
                                X