Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just washed the car and noticed some corrosion round the centre caps.. Hmm

Wonder if Citroen will replace the alloys?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gazmdm;13124]But you dont buy kids lol, but they are an expense but not as expensive as cars.
      I've had quite a few cars with monthly payments and I can tell ya they cost alot more than kids lol

If the cost of raising a child is now £218000 http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...ising-children you must drive some expensive cars.

Comment

• After reading the previous posts i washed my wheels today and i have the same problem, corrosion on all 4, the front worse than the rears, but mine is 1 1/2 yrs with 3 yr warrenty so where would i stand?
        Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

• I'm now dreading checking mine. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Well took photos, my husband's gonna ring Citroën tomorrow so we'll c wot happens :S

Comment

• I got mine replaced about April last year and on inspection today it looks like all 4 wheels are corroded again. Has anyone
              else had them replaced twice? I'm just wondering where I stand as they've been replaced once already??

Comment

• Originally posted by Si-Bags View Post
                I got mine replaced about April last year and on inspection today it looks like all 4 wheels are corroded again. Has anyone
                else had them replaced twice? I'm just wondering where I stand as they've been replaced once already??
                so, unsurprisingly they haven't fixed the problem then!

Keep us posted on the dealer's response please
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• Mine replaced in April and by september one looked asif it was going. my lease ends next month so new ds3 on the way with ashera's

Comment

• Well we rung Citroën UK and they were very helpful, they've given us a job number and asked us to take it to a local dealer so they can have a look. We mentioned this forum and said that there were others with the same problem and they said it was comin more to their attention and said that it was something they could help us with. So it might b worth anyone with this problem giving them a ring so it can b dealt with. Well fingers crossed that I get the result I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah ds3 black View Post
                      After reading the previous posts i washed my wheels today and i have the same problem, corrosion on all 4, the front worse than the rears, but mine is 1 1/2 yrs with 3 yr warrenty so where would i stand?
                      Citroen Warranty on wheels states 12 months only (am paranoid ours will go too and hv questioned supplying dealer carefully about it). You say yours is 1.5 years old but have you bought it recently second hand? If so from Citroen dealership? That may help your cause.

Comment

• No I brought it from new, just have to see wot they say tomorrow

Comment

• ok, pls do let us know outcome.

Comment

• Took it in to Citroën notts this mornin, they took photos and forwarded them to Citroën UK, they said they'll ring me tomorrow. Lookin positive

Comment

• just checked my alloys all four have the corrosion. email sent to citroen
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	FL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	353750Click image for larger version

Name:	FR.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	353749Click image for larger version

Name:	RL.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	353747Click image for larger version

Name:	RR.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	353748

Comment

• Inspected my DSport+ the other day same problem as reported by many with corrosion on all four wheels. Emailed Citroen UK and I await their response. Looking at the other replies I am hopeful they will change them all. Pity that Citroen do not offer any other 17" alloys that could replace the Bellone's.

Comment

Working...
                                X