No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the main problem with this is with the centre caps on the alloys. They rotate when the alloy is spinning which cause friction which in turn cause the lacquer damage from where water and moisture can penetrate the metal.

The only solution I can see is that Citroen introduce a small rubber ring or locating ring behind the cap to stop this. Again the fitting of these caps can also be a cause, we tend to use a spray grease on the wheel to allow the caps to slot in with little resistance.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

• hi have not been on for a long time I had all the wheels replaced by citron, when the put the new ones back with new centert caps theu put grease on the holes so that they when on with ease. Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
        They rotate when the alloy is spinning
        Mine don't they're a snug fit

+1 on the grease except I used ACF-50

It's my belief that salty water trapped between the plastic cap and the lacquer is the culprit - any slight lacquer damage caused by fitting the caps and it's got a way into the metal

My second set are just fine..........................but they are hibernating over winter in me warm cellar

If it happens to these in future I shall just rub the damaged lacquer off and paint the are immediately around the centre cap black
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• I am wondering has this been happening to the optional 17” ‘Sonneberg Wheels Like I go on my C3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	230947_10150157860972076_670687075_6775597_5781633_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	353769

Because Not long after I had the Car they were taken off the the options list and then in about September they were added back on the list but was in the Small Print that they weren't available till Late 2011. Came Late 2011 and they then said not available till early 2012. I will have to have a look at them.
          A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
          CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
          CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

• Well took my ds3 over to Citroen Glasgow on tuesday and to no surprise they didn't have a clue what I was on about with the corrosion. Wasn't till I showed them this discussion that they understood how common it was. So got photos taken and now waiting on a reply. Plus a wee bonus was a free cash wash cause car was that dirty lol

Comment

• Took the car in to the dealer last week, I have been informed today that Citroen are going to repair not replace, has anyone else has a repair done? If so was it successful.

Comment

• ive bin told by chips away tht a repair wont be as good as a new wheel because they are diamond cut. apparently ull notice a repair it wont look the same

Comment

• Well just off the phone to Citroen Glasgow they are going to replace all 4 of the alloys. I just hope the new ones don't corrode as badly this time

Comment

• For reasons unknown Citroen Uk have decided not to repair the wheels now but replace them, happy days.

Comment

• Hi, can anyone confirm if the warranty on the wheels is only 12 months??

Comment

• Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
                        Hi, can anyone confirm if the warranty on the wheels is only 12 months??
                        It shouldn't be, got mine replaced 18 months into the 3 year warranty.
                        DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

• Cheers,
                          ill have a look later on. I know there is some corrosion. Also quite a lot of kurbing damage, though the corrosion has nothing to do with the outer sections where this is.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120228-00015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	353790

What you you guys think about this?? The others are not as bad. Had the car for 22 months...

Comment

• Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3030[/ATTACH]

What you you guys think about this?? The others are not as bad. Had the car for 22 months...
                              jesus christ, aint seen it this bad before!

Comment

• ive got a darker corrosion around mine, more work todo! is it best to email/phone dealer direct or citroen?

Comment

Working...
                                X