No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this didnt come off after cleaning, all 4 are like it Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	353791

Comment

• Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
      this didnt come off after cleaning, all 4 are like it [ATTACH=CONFIG]3040[/ATTACH]
      The centre caps are a b*gger to get clean once they get tarnished like that one is, but if you persevere they should polish up OK.

Comment

• ok not corrosion? i just emailed the dealer. even after washing they look like specs of rust and its spreading to the outer section

Comment

• It is corrosion on the centre caps, but it should polish off OK - they then just need protecting with some wax.

The corrosion on the alloys is a different matter. No amount of polishing will cure that! (It may look like the rust is spreading from the centre caps to the alloys, but that's unlikely to be the case - it's just that the rim around where the caps fit is very vulnerable to damage).
          Last edited by gar074; 29-02-2012, 15:38.

Comment

• :-(

Should i contact the dealer over this?? It looks as if it is bubbling undernealth (but not raised).
            I wash with propper (and expensive) wheel cleaner and these are not 'scuff' marks.

Comment

• Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
              Should i contact the dealer over this??
              Deffo! It's clear from your pic that there's corrosion spreading under the lacquer. Others on here have had all 4 wheels replaced for less.

Comment

• My citroen dealer is seriously draggin their heels with giving me an answer about mine, tired of ringing them nearly every bloody day to see wot the score is. I just want it sorted :mad:
                Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

• Just had all four wheels & centre caps replaced on my Oct '10 DS Sport. Brilliant service from Citroen & my local dealer. Only problem, I've now got bright red centre caps instead of the maroon they should be. Can't decide if they look cool or not.... Waiting for replacement centres.... And the car's the best I've had.

Comment

• Right, thanks for your assistance. I'm going to contact them; either pay them a visit or email the pictures. Ill keep you all posted.

God, it's one thing after another, I had less issues with my old 6 year old mk2 punto!

Comment

• Right, email sent. Bet I dont hear back!

Comment

• Well mines now sorted, had the phone call their gonna replace all 4 just waiting for the new ones to come in. RESULT. Happy girlie now
                        Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

• Just been to my local dealer, they wanted nothing to do with it, and wouldn't even entertain the idea of sending pictures or anything to Citroen.

Rang CitroenUK, nice guy on the phone, logged my query and passed it to his manager and said I'll get a phone call tomorrow

I'll keep yous updated

Comment

• I'm still waiting for an answer from citroen as to what's happening with my 2nd set of bellones which have got the same corrosion after less than one month since being replaced and under 600 miles covered. Dealer agrees that it's an issue that needs rectifying but no doubt citroen will drag their heels and find some excuse to not have to replace them again.
                            Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• Took mine in last week and got a call from the dealer 3 days later saying they have ordered new wheels and are getting replaced next week.
                              Great service!
                              Do you think it would be out of order to ask them to grease the center caps before fitting as I've read on here it may help?

Comment

• Any wheel polish you would recommend?

Comment

Working...
                                X