No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a response; all 4 wheels will be changed! This is good news but im wondering how long before it happens again?
    Good buy bad kurbing too!

Comment

• Well just back from Citroen Glasgow new alloys where damaged so have to order another set in. Totally pissed off after sitting around for 2 hrs. Emailed head office about it as they basicly said parts team don't check stuff for damages when parts come in. Total idiots.

Comment

• Agreed!

Comment

• Yeh, car's booked in Monday morning for the wheels to be changed, result
          Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

• Got mine changed today
            See how long they last!

Comment

• I've just got my replacement Bellones out of my warm dry cellar where they've been all winter, and would you believe it there's some tiny marks showing under the lacquer - even though they've never come into contact with road salt.

FFS!- has anyone got a second replacement set of wheels out of Citroen yet?
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• Sat in Citroen Nottingham having mine changed now , gonna look at taking wheels off and putting laquer on them to try n stop this happening again, fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah ds3 black View Post
                  Sat in Citroen Nottingham having mine changed now , gonna look at taking wheels off and putting laquer on them to try n stop this happening again, fingers crossed
                  I am convinced the answer is to paint the machined edge around the centre cap (having first removed said cap) and then lacquer complete wheel face before applying generous wax coating and then carefully re-fitting centre cap not forgetting to lubricate the forks that hold it in place with some plastic trim renovator or the like. I think the forks on the centre cap cut through the lacquer and let water penetrate under the lacquer - am amazed Citroen just seem to keep replacing them as very likely same thing will happen to new wheels as we have heard on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                    FFS!- has anyone got a second replacement set of wheels out of Citroen yet?
                    I'm still waiting on a decision from citroen, i complained due to them suggesting to my local dealer to get a quote for refurbishment!
                    It's just a poor design and untill that is rectified it looks like it will just keep on happening to each set of wheels.
                    Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• My local dealer suggested to Citroen UK, that because our alloys had been curbed, that they should not be replaced under warranty, and they also refused to send any supporting pictures to Citroen UK

Keeping in mind, that because of the curbing literally only the most outer part of the alloy was damaged, nowhere near the centre cap, and it would be physically impossible to cause damage to the area around the centre cap by curbing

Also keeping in mind it's only the 2 left alloys that had been curbed, how does this affect the 2 on the other side?

Absolute load of crap and I'll be putting a complaint in regarding their servicing department and the attitude of 1 person in particular.

Gonna take it to a different garage tomorrow, even on the phone the guy at this one said they would send supporting pictures to CitroenUK.. This new garage sounds 100% better so far

Comment

• Name and shame the garage coz mine were drving school kerbed and got changed without any hassle of photos. Mind you the new set have been on a year and gone again. Good job the new ds comes in 4 weeks

Comment

• Don't worry I'll be naming and shaming for sure once I've got the alloys sorted and I've put my complaint in

Comment

• thats bad. Mine were also badly kurbed.

Comment

• My front ones had some bad kurbing but they still changed them

Comment

• noticed mine have this now too!
                                i rang my dealer on friday - he was on a call and was given my number....still no returned call!!
                                Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Working...
                                X