No announcement yet.

Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to dealer tomorrow morning to let them see my corrosion collection x 4. Car only has 7400 0n the clock and 7 months old. Taking my laptop along for the ride so I can show dealer principle all the good news on here, when, and if, they become a little hesitant.
    Also, and maybe should start a new topic, on my nearside rear tinted window, I have recently noticed a rather strange protruding spike / s similar to what you would get if applying a screen protector to a phone and there was fine grit underneath. Can't show a pic cos there's too much reflection but I'm going to make sure the dealer notices it tomorrow!!
    Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

• Just an update on the situation;

Went to this other dealer, originally the guy agreed to take pics, then found out I didn't buy the car from that garage, asked me if I'd used alloy wheel cleaner on the wheels, I said no, I use the same shampoo as I wash the body with on the alloys. He said they aren't supposed to deal with stuff like that, and I should take it to the dealer I bought the car off.. I asked him for warranty work shouldn't I be able to go to any dealer? He said no.

Went outside to the car park, phoned CitroenUK, they said 'hmmm? What' - They phoned the garage I was sitting in the car park of, phoned me back, and as I was on the phone to CitroenUK I was asked to step back inside by the original guy so he could take my details..

Anyways they've taken pictures of the alloys and will be sending them to CitroenUK for inspection.

Got to admit, the use of alloy wheel cleaner is a much more plausible reason for corrosion round the centre caps, but its still 100% incorrect, and I'm sure CitroenUK will be able to see this.

Ignoring this little hiccup, overall this new dealership seems a lot better than my local one, more friendly I suppose.

Comment

• Your right it's any dealer. My local dealer does all my stuff inc alloys and I have never bought a car from them.

Comment

• Emailed my dealer and no response. Gonna pay them a visit. Do you think I should book an appointment or just turn up. Fair I understand cleaning the centre caps will sort them after some serious elbow grease but there's enough on the actual alloy that I'd like to get it sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
            Your right it's any dealer. My local dealer does all my stuff inc alloys and I have never bought a car from them.
            Same here; thought they'd be unfriendly concidering i bought the car from a rival dealer, they have been actually quite friendly.

Comment

• On the back of this thread I looked at my wheels and three showed signs of what can only be described as very minor corrosion, however, next time I was in the dealer on an unrelated matter, I mentioned it, photos were taken and 3 days later I received a phone call to tell me my new wheels were in and to come and get them fitted. One of the replaced wheels had a scuff mark and one of the others had what looked like a previous repair to a scuff (not done by me as I bought the car 2nd hand so cant confirm this was what it was).

I will just add that I went through three sets of wheels on my previous car (not a citroen) for exactly the same reason - that dealer just seemed happy to change them on an almost yearly basis.

Comment

• Photos of my wheels taken yesterday, now waiting, fingers crossed. I did ,however, mention that it seemed to be occurring at a rather alarming rate and concluded by showing dealer one of his second hand stock had the same problem!

Comment

• To be honest, the corrosion won't bother me too much when it happens again, im just happy to get rid of the bad kurbing me and my mum caused! That's what stands out.

Will look good when the new ones are put on in two weeks time!

Comment

• Corrosion

I have the same problem however, on closer inspection the corrosion is also around the outer rim of the alloy. My dealership are pushing to get me a new set of alloys so it's a case of wait and see

Comment

• Phone call today from dealer, new alloys on order but CUK require further photos of weirdness on nearside rear window. I've offered to do the photography!!!!!!!

Comment

• After 3 weeks of waiting, my local dealer (not who i bought the car off) just rang through and confirmed Citroen have given them the go ahead to replace all 4 wheels. They've been ordered so just waiting for them to arrive.

Comment

• Corrosion here too.

Hmm, washed my car today and surprise, surprise ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Nothing new and my replacements have gone too. Good job the new car is only three weeks away

Comment

• Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                              Nothing new and my replacements have gone too. Good job the new car is only three weeks away
                              So all the hassle for them just to go again! I hope your new car features a fix although their probably hoping the problem just goes away. E-petition anyone?

Comment

• If Citreon have not fixed the issue I don't see the point taking mine back for replacements. Should it be the same after six months.

Comment

Working...
                                X