Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    If Citreon have not fixed the issue I don't see the point taking mine back for replacements. Should it be the same after six months.
    Because IIRC the alloys only have a 1year warranty?...

So you're best off getting them replaced every 11months than losing out

Comment

• One year wheel warranty? Is this true. I have been putting it off as I know it's going to be hassle and the dealers never got back to my emails. I passed one year last week. I have photo and email and this forum as pre one year evidence however. I personally think an extended coverage should be in place due to the amount it's happening. Anyone got any luck after a year?

Comment

• Ben, just to let you know the whole 1yr thing is simply info based on this post. I haven't heard anything official so don't lose all hope

Comment

• Don't think the 1 year rule is true, just got mine changed after 2 years! Just come back from garage, new shiny wheels, with no kurbing!!

Survice done too, since when has it got so expensive! Do you guys recommend servicing every year or 2 years? It has 2 years in the service book, 'see you in 2014'....

Comment

• Is Autosol metal polish okay to use, it says it protects too.......?

Comment

• Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
              Is Autosol metal polish okay to use, it says it protects too.......?
              Autosol metal polish is for bare metal - it's quite abrasive and is used on uncoated aluminium.................like the Wolfrace slots on my 1973 Clan!
              Last edited by Owd git; 27-03-2012, 20:54.
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• New alloys fitted yesterday but will have to go back to dealer and get them re - balanced, got a vibration issue.
                Boomerangs are just frisbees for lonely people!!!! :snowy0:

Comment

• getting mine looked on friday morning!
                  Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

• Had a call from the 2nd dealer saying they've ordered new alloys and will give me a call when they get them

Comment

• Citroen are refusing to replace my wheels for a second time and will only get them refurbished which my dealer has to sort out.
                      Pretty poor show considering my replacements corroded within the space of a month.
                      Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• Originally posted by studly View Post
                        Citroen are refusing to replace my wheels for a second time and will only get them refurbished which my dealer has to sort out.
                        Pretty poor show considering my replacements corroded within the space of a month.
                        refurb might turn out to be the best option if it's confined to the centres - at least they could radius off the edge and re-lacquer properly
                        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

• Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                          Autosol metal polish is for bare metal - it's quite abrasive and is used on uncoated aluminium.................like the Wolfrace slots on my 1973 Clan!
                          cheers for the info. says on the back that it's okay if lacquered. Maybe i'll stick to adding a layer of Carnauba wax instead...

Comment

• Dealer took photos this morning and said he'd get them sent away. Tho he also said they might not be replaced until it gets worse??!!
                            Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

• Bloody hell, guess what I've gone and done on my brand new shiny replacement wheels, yes u guessed it... Scuffed the nearside alloy on a kurb :-( originally thought I'd scraped the side pannel on the wall. Phew, but still :-(

Comment

• I too curbed my nearside front today =( After being so careful for months. Now I'm just wishing for lots of corrosion please so I can get them replaced! It's a shame I look after my car so well, I need to stop washing and protecting it so the wheels become ruined a bit quicker.

Aside from the corrosion, has anyone else noticed the generally poor paint finish to the wheels? I have black ones and the finish is turd tbh, plus it looks as though in certain areas there is corrosion under the paint and has become quite rough/. Considering I do look after them so well I am disappointed this has happened. I need to go to the dealer to get my tracking looked at anyway so guess I might ask then?

Comment

Working...
                                X