Bellone wheel corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stefw View Post
    I too curbed my nearside front today =( After being so careful for months. Now I'm just wishing for lots of corrosion please so I can get them replaced! It's a shame I look after my car so well, I need to stop washing and protecting it so the wheels become ruined a bit quicker.

Aside from the corrosion, has anyone else noticed the generally poor paint finish to the wheels? I have black ones and the finish is turd tbh, plus it looks as though in certain areas there is corrosion under the paint and has become quite rough/. Considering I do look after them so well I am disappointed this has happened. I need to go to the dealer to get my tracking looked at anyway so guess I might ask then?
    Same wheel too :-(
    I'm also very careful! I guess some things will always happen...

Comment

• I work for a Citroen Dealership. We have had authorization to replace two lots of alloys per vehicle in some cases all covered under warranty so I don't see why they're refusing to replace a second set. The standard alloy wheels on any citroen carry the manufacturer warranty of 3 years. If your dealership refuses to replace a set under warranty, contact citroen uk. The replacement wheels should have a noticeable extra coat of lacquer round the centre cap so you can generally tell if they're going to corrode again.
      DS3 1.6 16V VTi

Comment

• Originally posted by DS3ED View Post
        I work for a Citroen Dealership. We have had authorization to replace two lots of alloys per vehicle in some cases all covered under warranty
        I'd be fascinated to know whether Citroen is picking up the full cost of all these replacements, or whether it has a clause in its contract with the Spanish manufacturer of the alloys that enables it to recoup some/all of the cost, due to defective manufacture.

Comment

• Yeah, not a cheap mistake for Citroen
          DS3 1.6 16V VTi

Comment

• Getting the 4 of mine replaced ,

Comment

• Citroen have told me that they don't see the point in replacing the wheels again just for them to keep corroding :rolleyes: I was told it's not a common issue otherwise they would have done a recall lol so refurbishment is the best option.
              Typical citroen customer support bs, i was warned about citroen before i got my first ds3....maybe just maybe i should have listened instead of buying into the "ds3 is a premium car " sales patter lol
              Suzuki Rgv 250, Cruddy Corsa, Cruddy Astra, 56 Corsa D, 09 Fiesta Mk7, 59 Fiesta Mk7, 10 Swift Sport, 11 DS3 Hdi White Edition >> 61 DS3 e-Hdi Dstyle Plus Sport Yellow with corroding bellone's as standard<<

Comment

• been nearly 4 weeks from my dealer took photos, still had no word....
                Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

• It was exactly the same with me. My thp is having faults and I took it in for that supposedly fixing and mentioned nobody had called me back about my corroding bellones when I had originally called 6 weeks+ ago. Picked the car up an hour ago and I have 3 new bellones ordered. But my car is still broke despite them not finding the fault. Its booked in again tomorrow!
                  Sport Red DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

• 4 bellones and 2 centre caps being replaced, took 1 day to be authorised from Citroen HQ
                    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

• Just got a letter to say my dealer has been taken over by Citroen UK LTD dealer group, directly owned by Citroen. Does this mean im gonna have to kick up less of a fuss about my wheels?

Comment

• probably more Ben.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

• Our dealer (Perrys Citroen Milton Keynes) ordered new wheels for our DS3 almost without being asked after I pointed out minor corrosion starting. Car went in about 3 weeks ago, approved within a week and new wheels ordered and due to be fit on the 11th June. No problems at all, and they've done it almost without me even pushing them.

They're also going to see if Citroen warranty will agree to replace the sticky steering wheel when it goes in for the wheels to be changed.

Can't recommend them enough - they've been a really good dealership so far.

Comment

• Some good news....apart from the original bad news of also having this problem!

Mentioned my wheels at the first service last Monday....approved by Citroen on the Wednesday..... delivered to dealer on Saturday....4 shiny new Bellones fitted today.

OK so I'm disapointed they suffered corroision in the first place but very impressed with the ease of getting them replaced.

While I'm here, I also have a new sun visor on the way for a second time...blooming thing doesn't like staying down if its up to the windscreen :rolleyes:

Comment

• Is there any evidence that the replacement Bellones are any more corrosion-resistant than the originals?

If not, this is just going to run and run until everyone's 3 year warranty runs out ...

Comment

• Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                                Is there any evidence that the replacement Bellones are any more corrosion-resistant than the originals?

If not, this is just going to run and run until everyone's 3 year warranty runs out ...
                                It's not the wheel at fault, it's the dealer during PDI who fits the centre caps incorrectly that causes the lacquer to deteriorate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X