Problems setting alarm on DSPORT 150 Thp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting alarm on DSPORT 150 Thp

Had to take my car to my dealer for a respray of the front bumper due to it being Keyed.

When i got home i noticed the indicator lights would not flash when arming and disarming the alarm system using the remote control key.

I can here the remote lock and deadlock the doors but not sure why the indicator lights are not functioning when it did before ??.

Any one know if the body shop would of disconnected the battery ??.

Do i have to perform reinitialisation of remote control key ??.

Any help would be very grateful.

Thanks Clarky.

Sorry to here that some little piece of crap damaged your car mate :mad: Hopefully they will get run over by a bus slowly and suffer. I had to put my car in for a respray on the back bumper as someone managed to hit it and when the car came back there was no indication that the battery had been disconnected. The only reason I could think is that it may have to do with earthing the car in order for the paint to take to the surface?

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
      Sorry to here that some little piece of crap damaged your car mate :mad: Hopefully they will get run over by a bus slowly and suffer. I had to put my car in for a respray on the back bumper as someone managed to hit it and when the car came back there was no indication that the battery had been disconnected. The only reason I could think is that it may have to do with earthing the car in order for the paint to take to the surface?
      Thanks Cooperkiller.....Been trying to reset the alarm from manual to no avail....Reluctant to take it back to my dealer incase they wipeout the remap lol.

Comment

Might sound a bit odd Clarky, but maybe disconnect the battery, give it 5 minutes then reconnect again? Possible glitch in the software maybe or hasn't had the chance to reset itself?

Coops

Comment

Might sound a bit odd Clarky, but maybe disconnect the battery, give it 5 minutes then reconnect again? Possible glitch in the software maybe or hasn't had the chance to reset itself?

Coops
          Well i failed miserably will try reinitialisation of key remotes and all else fails try your method cooperkiller.
          Last edited by Clarky; 21-01-2011, 22:47. Reason: spelling

Comment

Could they have somehow screwed up the connectors if they had to remove them for some reason?

Comment

Could they have somehow screwed up the connectors if they had to remove them for some reason?
              Connectors to what the battery ??....Bumper was sprayed without removal of any electricals as far as i'm aware....Will have to give them a ring tomorrow which will be fun lol.

Comment

Got in my Ds3 this morning all working fine....Think the fault was possibly due to bonnet being slightly open lol.

I opened it so i could protect the resprayed paint from frost bite tucking a towel underneath it.

I'm asuming the bonnet is protected by the alarm system......Pheww :redface:

Comment

Working...
                X