Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Washer Bottle

Hi

My screen washers are not working properly, one squirt and they turn to a dribble. I suspect there is some debris in the bottom of the bottle, as when parked on an incline they work fine, making me believe something is floating around and blocking the outlet.
    I guess I need to remove it or drain it, anyone got any ideas on how to do this ?

Thanks

Maybe try a siphon tube first?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by bluenose62 View Post
      Hi
      My screen washers are not working properly, one squirt and they turn to a dribble. I suspect there is some debris in the bottom of the bottle, as when parked on an incline they work fine, making me believe something is floating around and blocking the outlet.
      I guess I need to remove it or drain it, anyone got any ideas on how to do this ?
      Thanks
      Have you filled it up?

Comment

Take the wheel off and remove the wheel well liner and you will have access to the bottle or like the pic below you could remove the bumper but the liner is a lot easier.

Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

If you have access to a wet vac the easiest method is to suck all the water out and hopefully clear out any bits.

Do check the actual spray jets though to make sure than there is no polish stuck in the holes.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the replies, it definately has water in it, the jets work, as I get one spray then they die, and today they worked fine, so there is some debris in there I think. I will take the liner off and have a look. I do have a wet vac as well, so as you suggest thats another option.

Comment

Working...
            X