Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration in low revs

Hi All

Bought a DSport Diesel last November (Current mileage around 1,250), very pleased with it until now. Got the USUAL rattling sound from Passeneger side/glove box/ dash board area (Which from other posts is VERY common and could be anything).

Main issue though I have found recently is when in lower gears (1-3 especially), and you are not applying much in the way of power (in gear with revs around 1200) there is a distinct vibration coming from the engine bay (Nearside of bay). Noise can be quite loud, seems to be worse towards the end of a journey when the car is warm. Tried reving the engine in neutral and NO vibration felt. Only seems to manifest itself when the engine/gearbox/driveshafts are all engaged. I have the car booked in with dealer this Thursday but I was just wondering if any fellow owners have experienced a similar prob and what the casue might be.

Any help will be most appreciated. Bye for now.

SPOOKY

I have had vibrations at under 1500 which seem to be coming from in front of drivers door area, but cant seem to pinpoint where/what the cause maybe.

Comment

Change Down...

:L

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Change Down...

Wot he said.

Jimbob

Comment

yep what the last 2 said, i have the Diesel too and that is because you dont have enough power in the gear your in, if you change down it should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Change Down...

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Witte View Post
              +1
              +1 +1

Sorry to ask but is this your first diesel? With too little revs the cars is going to fight the gearbox, especially when in 3rd or 2nd as the turbo kicks in around 1500/1750 rpm.
              Last edited by Bigfeet; 23-01-2011, 18:20.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I agree with everyone else.....the cars pretty much telling you to change down a gear. basically its on the verge of stalling

Comment

Working...
                X