Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds3 wingmirror

Hello,

so last night one of the d***'s round my area hit my wing mirror and sped off. When i lock the doors now it doesn't fold back in, looks as if it has come out of the socket i wanted to know is it gonna need a new wing mirror or can i force it back in to spot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	367675

sorry don't know why the pic is upside down

Sorry to hear. I wouldn't try force it back in incase you knacker the mechanism all together which may result in costly repairs. I'd take it to citroen and see what they say.

Good luck
    DS3 Evo Edition
    Sport Red
    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
      Sorry to hear. I wouldn't try force it back in incase you knacker the mechanism all together which may result in costly repairs. I'd take it to citroen and see what they say.

Good luck
      thanks for your help, was hoping to avoid any cost, proper bad timing for another expense

Comment

Hi not sure if anyone could help please, had a bit of a scrape taking my wing mirror off in the process - it's the electric folding type, it's in bits but the mirror, chrome outer and plastic all seem to still be in shape with no cracks or damage. Does anyone know if this will go back together or if not where I could purchase a replacement? And a rough idea of what price I might be looking at? Mine is a 2010 model. Thanks

Comment

Hi if you need a replacement this may be of some use

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replac...nit/1136548908

Comment

BeefMasta had to replace a wing mirror on his previous DS3, he might be able to tell you the cost of it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leanneDS3 View Post
              Hi not sure if anyone could help please, had a bit of a scrape taking my wing mirror off in the process - it's the electric folding type, it's in bits but the mirror, chrome outer and plastic all seem to still be in shape with no cracks or damage. Does anyone know if this will go back together or if not where I could purchase a replacement? And a rough idea of what price I might be looking at? Mine is a 2010 model. Thanks
              Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              BeefMasta had to replace a wing mirror on his previous DS3, he might be able to tell you the cost of it.
              Have a look on eBay, they vary between £80-130. You need to make sure you get a "heated & folding" mirror though, the standard non-folding mirror is also electric (I bought the wrong one when replacing mine. Citroen new price is closer to £200 but I'm not sure the exact cost.

It's easy enough to swap the mirror yourself though, as long as you have the right tools (we had to pop to Halfords to get a long enough socket).
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                Have a look on eBay, they vary between £80-130. You need to make sure you get a "heated & folding" mirror though, the standard non-folding mirror is also electric (I bought the wrong one when replacing mine. Citroen new price is closer to £200 but I'm not sure the exact cost.

It's easy enough to swap the mirror yourself though, as long as you have the right tools (we had to pop to Halfords to get a long enough socket).
                The one in my earlier reply is a new heated and folding one for £25
                Great price if he still has it [emoji2]

Comment

Find markdown codes to get a fair arrangement on your web shopping. Get the best working Article Online vouchers for your key stores. In case you find an odd markdown code on a voucher deal site, it's obviously fake. These voucher code battles list fake improvement codes to delude clients and search

Comment

Working...
                  X