paint flaked off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint flaked off

Hi just noticed today paint had flaked off under my drivers door mirror, strange place to happen? Looking for some advice on what to do, get whole door painted or what? I stay in Motherwell if anyone knows someone good out hereClick image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	368248

Had a similar problem was resprayed under warranty

Comment

Cars 4 year old so missed it

Comment

My paint bubbled and flaked on the drivers door. On mine though it was on the right of the drivers door with the seam of the front wing and a few bubbling spots above the side strip. Got mine resprayed for £100 at Paint tec in Glenrothes but I'm thinking that might be far travel for you. They did a really good job of it though. My car is also around the same age as yours.
        DS3 Evo Edition
        Sport Red
        E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
        Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

cool thanks gives me an idea of cost at least, disgraceful really though how car manufacturers get away with shoddy workmanship. Anything else trading standards would be all over if its lifespan was as short as this.

Comment

My 3 1/2 year old, second hand DS3 had lots of paint flaked off around the edges of the doors. Had the dealer repair it all within the purchase price of the car, but they've not made a great job of it. I'm shocked that was happening given the age of the car. Since I've had the car, I've aleady noticed new white scratches on the driver's door that weren't there when I bought the car, so I've managed to inflict damage after using the car about 4 times. The paint seems to be incredibly soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bear View Post
              The paint seems to be incredibly soft.
              The paint is like butter unfortunately. You can try getting it ceramic coated (at considerable cost) and that should add a lot of strength.
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Worst thing about the DS3 for me was the paint, so soft, liable to scratches and marks and it was a constant job trying to keep it looking decent. Tried the two bucket wash method, lambswool mitt etc - still marked up
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  Worst thing about the DS3 for me was the paint, so soft, liable to scratches and marks and it was a constant job trying to keep it looking decent. Tried the two bucket wash method, lambswool mitt etc - still marked up
                  I'm the same and I still find new marks every time I wash it! The paint is awful.

Comment

Apply a Deliveroo improvement code or Deliveroo Vat Online Services code from Mirror Endpoints to save.

Comment

Working...
                    X