Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuff on my bumper

Hi Guys,

Cut a long story short had a police riot van go into the side of my DS3 ruined the drivers side wing and bumper after much arguments with the insurance company and technician my bumper was replaced, come on its only plastic!. My car is back all fixed to find after a week of having it back some b***ard has gone into the side of my bumper and scuffed it big time FFS :mad:

anyone have any tips on fixing a scuffed on a plastic bumper?

Thanks

Pictures? Depends how deep the scuff is
    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    Call: 01246 268896
    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Image attached

I have attached Image cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Mmmm, looks from the pic that the scuff is past the black paint unless the white I can see is from the other vehicle ?

We have a couple of resident detailers on the forum, CliveP & RabidRacoon28 who might suggest some options as well
        sigpic

Comment

My first thought would be to try some Autoglym Super Resin Polish on a soft microfibre cloth to see if that shifts the scuff. If it has scratched the plastic and scuffed off your paint then it looks like a respray. Here's hoping the white I can see from the picture as Chris says is from the other vehicle?

What is your location mate? If you are near to me then I would gladly have a look to see if I can do anything.

Andy
          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
          Take a pride in your ride
          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

It's difficult to judge from a picture, but I've got a horrible feeling that along the top there's white primer showing & towards the front black plastic visible where the scratch has gone through the primer.

If so, a "smart" repairer, such as Chipsaway, may be able to do an acceptable repair.

Comment

White showing scratched base

That's correct there is white showing has scratched right down to the base who would say an acceptable price would be to repair?

Thanks

Comment

Where abouts are you from? I'm sure somebody can help on here
                :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                Partsworld-UK.com
                Email
                Call: 01246 268896
                We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

At Style UK we handle that that amazing number of little endeavor resources can add up, which is the clarification we search all over to present to you the best shopping bargains, progress codes Track down the most recent and best voucher, markdown and improvement GoPlaces for the UK's most obvious stores. Very markdown codes and very improvement codes give you astounding concessions on creator clothing, ornamentation, homeware, stuff and that is just the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                  X