No announcement yet.

upgrade to bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know what happened there but just read the part of the post .
    I copied and pasted my post from another ds3 forum we will not name lol

Comment

Last part lol

Comment

Oh cf125 it cost me 280 in total

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
          The only problem with changing the stock radio it controls a lot of the features trip computer and display panel above radio . so you would loose all those features I'd originally changed the radio for an after market dab /bt radio then put the original back in after 2weeks yes sound quality is not has good has an after market radio. So I upgraded all the speakers in car with original radio I run a dennison bt pro costs around £120. But that gives me 2 USB ports , bluetooth connectivity ' and another 2ports for iPod iphone etc and all you need to do is unplug main plug into radio conect conecter to radio and other end of cable into usb box. Job done. Oh and run cable for microphone

thanks thats sounding like a much better idea

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
            Dont know what happened there but just read the part of the post .
            I copied and pasted my post from another ds3 forum we will not name lol
            I blame the source
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Lol😂😂😂

Comment

Use genuine parts?

Interesting read guys. Can I add a curve ball to this?

I have a 2011 ds3. It a basic module without Bluetooth and I want to get Bluetooth in it. Me being me, I prefer to keep things as the manufacturers would make the car, rather than buying a different head unit or after market Bluetooth receiver etc.

Done some research into different modules you can hardwire in, but then you need an interface to be able to control what the phone or device is doing (like changing the song etc). You can get these but they still don't quite work they way Bluetooth would off the manufacturer.

I came across an Bluetooth ECU yesterday and wondered, if I got that and swapped it with mine (which I doubt is that simple) could that be done or what else would I need to do?

Comment

Well the ECU controls the engine sooooo.....
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

You could get it it to work if you get the wiring loom but it will have to be programmed to the car and you will need to change the A screen above radio to the C screen quite a easy job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Yeah I wasn't sure if this part was just an addition to what I have so far in the car. The part is on ebay atm here http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS3-...%257Ciid%253A2

I did think I would have to change the screen but that can't be difficult. Anyone recommend someone to go to for programming it all to work?

Comment

Thanks both for your help btw haha

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                          Well the ECU controls the engine sooooo.....
                          Different parts Ben.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Steds3 View Post
                            Yeah I wasn't sure if this part was just an addition to what I have so far in the car. The part is on ebay atm here http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS3-...%257Ciid%253A2

I did think I would have to change the screen but that can't be difficult. Anyone recommend someone to go to for programming it all to work?
                            Yeah that's the right part but you will need the wiring loom has well plus the screen

2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Ok I'll have a look around for the extra parts. Only thing is now though, would I not need to software to show the Bluetooth menus etc or would that be part of that Bluetooth ECU?

Comment

You will need to get that unit coded to your bsi in your car

Comment

Working...
                                X