continually re-booting ICE system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continually re-booting ICE system

Hi everyone - some help please if you are able to give some....?

All of a sudden the ICE system in my 2017 DS3 Prestige is continually switching off - then switching on again. It's driving me nuts as you obviously can't turn off the system. I mute it so it comes back on muted, but being a big music fan, I'm always playing music... But not any more!!!

I've tried doing everything exactly as shown in Captain Nick's post from a couple of year's ago, with the exception of disconnecting the live battery terminal rather than the negative one - don't know if it will make a difference. I've also deleted phones from the bluetooth menu, so there are now no connected devices. DS/Citroen head office seem to be aware that there are a few issues like this (and suggested I remove bluetooth devices for a few days) but aren't prepared to do anything further - and my car is just out of warranty. It's really irritating as it seems to be a known fault, but my local dealership want ?100 just to plug it into a computer!!

Before I grit my teeth and shell out ?100 for a few minutes work, does anyone have any help they can offer. This is the third DS3 I've had and in fairness never had a problem like this in the past, but I'm shocked that DS/Citroen are so dismissive of what seems to be a known fault.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance..

Thus issue had been draining me mad for weeks!
    System rebooting every 5 mins irrespective of whether I was listening to music via USB, bluetooth, DAB or Analogue (what I thought was analogue)
    Local dealer wanted ?80 to run a diagnostic, and DS uk fobbed me off with same thing, not interested.
    Found the answer on another forum, you need to make sure DAB is not tuned to a BBC station.
    When I tried I non BBC station on DAB the constant restarting stopped immediately. What’s frustrating is that even if you are using USB or Bluetooth, if DAB it is tuned to BBC in the background it keeps crashing.
    You need to go into audio settings and turn off the DAB/Analogue switching option if you want to listen to a BBC radio station on Analogue, otherwise it auto selects the DAB station and it starts crashing again.
    Next step is to overwrite all the BBC DAB slots in presets so this can’t happen again until a fix is provided.
    Don’t have much hope of a fix coming soon, loads of instances of this on this and other forums, yet DS dealers claiming ignorance and trying to get you to stump on the ??? for diagnostics...

Comment

Swap head unit out
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Dave,

A few possibilities here. I've been wanting to reply for a bit but this forum doesn't quite work and I've only just been approved.

As you have been told previously, some say that removing all the Bluetooth devices helps with this. I'm not sure. When I tried it, I found one kept reappearing, even though it wasn't physically present. I eventually solved that by re-adding my phone. You might want to recheck they're all gone, and if not, give this a try.

I have also heard the BBC DAB idea before but I'm not totally convinced.

Anyway if you long-press the Settings option, you get presented with a menu that shows software versions. System version is the important bit. I would guess you've got SMEG6.1-something. Lots of people report this issue on 6.1. The latest is 6.4 and people report that this solves the issue.

Unofficially, you can self-upgrade via a USB stick but there is a caveat here. After you upgrade, the ICE ideally needs a 'recalibration', which means a visit to the dealer. Why this is required is a bit subtle and maybe you can live without it: I find that in the MPG screen, I'm shown warnings about accident recording cameras that I don't have. In the parking sensor display, there is no picture of a car anymore. There may be more issues. Otherwise everything works fine.

If you do the software yourself, recalibration should only take a dealer 20-30 mins, and you should only pay for labour. The problem is getting this agreed. Like the other poster, DS service really wanted to charge me ?80 for a diagnostic. I don't need a diagnostic, I know what it needs, so I'm not paying that. It's booked in for a service anyway and I will put a note with it asking for that process.

I don't know if I can post links but the software is here: https://www.gpspower.net/peugeot-cit...-smeg-iv2.html

The instructions are in post 551.

I have yet to spend enough time in the car to find out if this has really solved the issue, but I expect it has.

Comment

I was also stunned to see the issues of ICE system that appeared in late 2017 when users were not expecting any sort of error. I wanted to fix all error of ICE system but wasn’t getting any guidelines from any source before getting this post. Thanks for sharing this https://www.directorytogoto.com/arti...king-an-impact article about reasons of an unsuccessful business logo.

Comment

Working...
          X