Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebooting nav/infotainment - another question on this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooting nav/infotainment - another question on this!

Hi. Newbie here, both to the club and the car. We bought a 2014 (Citroen) DS/3 a few months ago. Really nice car. We've started to have an issue with the nav/infotainment system, which I'll summarise below:
    • It's been VERY hot here recently (SW France) and the problem has manifested itself during that heat – which may or may not just be a coincidence.
    • The nav/info system reboots itself. It's a little irregular but let's say every 15-20 mins on average.
    • I've searched the forums and found four possible solutions:
      • Disconnect the battery for 30 mins so everything resets and when the system powers up again everything is OK
      • Delete the paired bluetooth phone and re-pair it.
      • Get a software update.
      • Replace the unit because it's a hardware fault (expensive!).
    I haven't tried any of these yet but I'd be grateful for anyone else's experience.

Simply replacing the unit is the easiest one to understand best of course and I'm willing to try the battery disconnection (unless anyone advises me there are possible unintended consequences) and the bluetooth pairing (because it should be easy).

The one I understand least well is why the software update would help though. I have an IT background and I'm struggling to see why the software would suddenly start malfunctioning (unless there is also an underlying hardware fault). Can anyone throw light on this? Is there some firmware for example, which may have been corrupted due to the hardware overheating in the extreme heat?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Working...
X