This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupra Spoiler Fitted

This morning starting at sparrows fat I removed by rubber stock one and fitted the Cupra splitter, whilst it only took a couple of hours I do have a few pointers to anybody looking to do the same in the future.
    I know a few people on here have fitted the Cupra spoiler to the cars and have said how straight forward it is, well maybe they are more gifted mechanically or the newer cars are slightly different but a bit of forethought and prep will help massively.

1 First off, lift the front of the car so that you have as much room as possible, the higher the better, also having a shorter drill will help, it doesn't need to be powerful as it is only drilling rivet heads and plastic.
    2 The panel pins at the ends of the stock splitter need to be removed, they hold the wing to the front of the car and must be separated to get the old splitter off
    3 Use some small clamps to attach the new splitter and line it up, start in the middle working your way out both sides simultaneously, once the splitter is clamped you will notice some of it will need to be trimmed, maybe newer cars are different but I needed to make numerous cuts.
    4 Once you have made your cuts (inc the ends) then reclamp the splitter and begin to attach it, follow Chris Blues advice and use self tapping screws working from the middle out.

Ok, if I had followed this advice then I would be a lot happier than I am right now, the splitter is on but I didn't clamp it and I used rivets, to that end the fit isn't perfect 9on very close inspection) so later I will be purchasing some small clamps and self tappers, tacking it off and starting again.

Stickied! Cheers SFG.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Don't know if it will help with the cupra splitter but it used massive washed on my splitter, as below. Works a treat

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Stickied! Cheers SFG.
        No probs, il edit with some pics once its complete.

Originally posted by Oli View Post
        Don't know if it will help with the cupra splitter but it used massive washed on my splitter, as below. Works a treat .[/IMG]
        That's what I am going for Oli, to be fair the new splitter is rigid enough that huge washers might not be necessary but il use them anyway.

Comment

Beyond his impressive skills, what truly sets this DJ apart is his infectious energy and genuine love for his craft. His passion for music is palpable, radiating from the milton keynes dj booth and infecting everyone around him with an irresistible desire to let loose and embrace the rhythm. Each performance is a testament to his dedication, leaving the crowd begging for more.

Comment

VodzyTechnologies offers top-notch software, web, and business solutions to small, medium, and large-sized businesses around the globe.

Comment

https://scamsoldier.com/Our company's aim is to help students take informed decisions while choosing writing services. We provide genuine and authentic reviews on various custom writing services which ultimately enables customers to opt for the best services.

Comment

Working...
              X